All posts related to V3
By Asmithey
Custom alphas with extra rendering samples is such a time saver...Brilliant!

I can only get it to work with objects. If I select by material only, it will not render the custom alpha. The materials are part of a multi-material object. Is that a problem?
By ababak
Material-based alpha works for me in Maya. I have several objects with different materials that were merged together (different shells have different materials assigned).
Though before it started to work as expected I had to use a script to clean up all maya nodes (to overcome a bug that assigns some alpha channels to all objects, shapes and groups in Maya).
By Asmithey
Also,

When I load more than one custom alpha, it is only finishing the first one in the list. The rest of them only render to the minimum 2 sl.

Also, I set the minimum to 2 SL for the rendered image but when finished it shows 6.70. I thought it was supposed to stop the main render and focus on the extra SL only?
By Asmithey
Is anyone else having problems with not all "set alpha" channels rendering to the final desired alpha SL? All my channels render some but only the first one in the list renders to the final desired SL.

I am doing this in studio. Not a plug-in.
By Asmithey
Hi there,

The .mxs file is almost a 1 GB.

Aaron
By Asmithey
Thanks for the offer...I will break it down into some smaller parts and test it that way. Thanks for the suggestion.
By Asmithey
I have tried using this on several projects now. I can not render a project with multiple channels or by materials.

It just stops after 2 Sl and or the alpha is just black.
By Asmithey
ababak,

I have a simple file with some materials that I can send to you. I am still unable to produce multiple custom alphas in one rendering pass and I cannot render custom alphas when selecting by materials. The alphas render black.

I have only been successful doing one object at a time. I am doing this from Maxwell Studio. I am using Maxwell v3.1

The files total 108 MB do you use drop box?
By Asmithey
I got it work as expected inside Blender with the B-Maxwell add-on. But still does not work as expected in Studio. But that does not matter anymore. I can just to it right from Blender.

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]