All posts related to V2
By choo-chee
other than what I know (neat image, noise ninja, median filter ....)
Is there any good tool or method to get rid of extra noise ? and without loosing details? any workflow ? esp. for interiors ... ?
By itsallgoode9
what resolution are you rendering at? and what is the resolution that your final image needs to be? i think some people have had luck with rendering at a larger resolution and scaling down to the final needed resolution. that is very dependent on the size of the details, the final resolution and the type of render though...so basically it could help but it could make no difference.
By choo-chee
itsallgoode9 wrote:what resolution are you rendering at? and what is the resolution that your final image needs to be? i think some people have had luck with rendering at a larger resolution and scaling down to the final needed resolution. that is very dependent on the size of the details, the final resolution and the type of render though...so basically it could help but it could make no difference.
well that's my method but SL 20 for 4000X2500 interiors means to render all weekend with all 5 computers, the same image. and if I have 3 images to render ? that's why I need good NR tool or at least any good idea how to get less noise...
By bograt
If your doing interiors then the noise mainly down to occluded areas not getting enough light, so those areas only really get illuminated after many bounces which takes ages.
Try using some interior photography techniques to illuminate all areas a bit more, If you watch a real life shoot you will see how many extra hidden lights are used.
By hatts
arch3D didn't mean SL 20 so literally. Just meant "high SL."

If I can't get an image relatively clear around SL 18 (or even 15!) I usually try and evaluate if the render really is that tough or if there's just something fundamentally inefficient about my setup. Sometimes it really does take a high SL, but more often than not, there's something I can improve in my scene.
By choo-chee
well I've tried some renders with all sort of fill lights but they always make the image flat and artificial.
Is there a good tutorial for that somewhere here ? or maybe NL team can make one ....?
because I really like to use "real-life" but than the noise is hard to avoid.
By feynman
bograt wrote:If your doing interiors then the noise mainly down to occluded areas not getting enough light, so those areas only really get illuminated after many bounces which takes ages.
Try using some interior photography techniques to illuminate all areas a bit more, If you watch a real life shoot you will see how many extra hidden lights are used.
This!
By Delineator
simmsimaging wrote:Rebus.
Yeah, I'd second that. Cough up the 50 or 100 euro that is may cost (probably not even that much) and send it out that way. Soooo much easier.
By dariolanza
Hello choo-chee,

At Next Limit we are not developing any noise reduction filter now, but the ones you all have mentioned are really good solutions.

An important point: keep in mind that often the noise is coming more from certain sources than from others (an specially unaccessible lamp, or so), so filtering the whole image would end in an unnecessarily blurred image.

So, our recommendation is to launch MultiLight, open the image in Photoshop and treat each light separately. You will find that there will be lights where you don't need to apply any noise reduction, and focus on other more noisy ones, keeping the filtering less noticeable in the final image.

In addition to that, you can check the R, G, and B channels separately, and treat them individually. More often, the noisy appears in the Blue channel more than in the others.

Let me know if this helps.

Dario Lanza
By choo-chee
that's good ideas.
however I had a week off now (passover ...) so I left some work to render.
well after 7 days of rendering, I can say that there's no better choice than lots and lots of time :(
I'm gonna try the blue channel thing as multi-light is quite hard to render at high-res.
thanx !
By choo-chee
OK I couldn't understand how should I compose separate multi-light images in photoshop.
The images look nice but I can seem to find a correct way to compose them all together...

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]