I've discovered that importing stuff that has MR or Turtle attributes can sometimes cause maxwell to "lose" connection and then you can't modify materials etc. yet still render with maxwell. I can't force the unload of the MR plugin for some reason but is there a way (other than exit and re-launch maya) to make maxwell "claim" it's place ?
By Mihnea Balta
Do you get any errors in the script editor? Do you have a scene where this can be reproduced and if yes, could you send it to me?
By choo-chee
yeah I get an error saying the MXlayer could not be found or something like that, I'll paste it here next time it happens.
By choo-chee
// Error: The mxDispAdaptivePrec control cannot be used with the attribute "concrete_09.displacementAdaptivePrec". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mxLayer0ControlBsdfUseIorFile control cannot be used with the attribute "concrete_09.layers[0].bsdfUseIorFile". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
By Mihnea Balta
Thanks, I'll try to figure out why this happens. Which version of Maya are you using?
By choo-chee
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]