Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
I've got a 2 layer metallic (light furniture chrome) surface and I'm trying to add a color graphic to part of the metallic surface...I've had limited success where I've tried to use a clip method -- adding a 3rd layer and putting the graphic in the reflectance and transmittance channels.

Is there a more effective way of screening an image onto a metallic surface?

Suggestions much appreciated.

jvm
By zoppo
did you use a weight map?
By jvanmetre
Zoppo

I tried a weight map...should it have its own layer or should it go in the 2 existing layers?

jvm
By KurtS
If you have one ot two layers for your metal surface then add a layer for the
color graphic.

Each layer murst have the weightmap, and the weightmap for the color graphic should be the inverted weightmap of the metal surface.
By zoppo
KurtS wrote:If you have one ot two layers for your metal surface then add a layer for the color graphic.
Each layer murst have the weightmap, and the weightmap for the color graphic should be the inverted weightmap of the metal surface.
Obey the Master of all Material (tm)!
By jvanmetre
KurtS and Zoppo--

Much thanks...will give it a try.

jvm
By simmsimaging
One thing I would suggest: if you want your screened-on graphic to have a metallic quality as well you might want to have a look at multi-layering that part as well, and in at least one duplicate the diffuse map in the reflectance 90 and 0 slots. That will help you get the metallic reflectance colouring happening in the graphic.

b
SS Pinto Bean

Thanks Mark! Here's a story that goes along with […]

what about gpu maxwell q project?