(using current beta plugin 3.1.2 with Maxwell 3.0.99.3)

When clicking the save button (little disk icon) in MXED to return to the 3dsmax material editor, no changes are applied when the material had been saved as an .mxm while in MXED.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create MaxwellMaterial in 3dsmax material editor
2. Click 'MXED...' to edit material in MXED
3. In MXED, save the material as an .mxm
4. Still in MXED, change some material settings
5. Click the disk icon to return to 3dsmax

No changes to material settings have been applied. All changes since saving of the .mxm are lost.
This is not really a bug. What happens is this:

1. When you click "MXED", the plug-in exports a temporary MXM file and launches MXED with it.
2. When you do "save as", you tell MXED to use a new file path from now on.
3. When you click the disk button, MXED saves the changes to the new file path and closes.
4. The plug-in notices that MXED has terminated and re-imports the temporary file, expecting the changes to be there. However, they're not, because you saved the material under a different name. The original values are loaded instead because the temporary MXM is unchanged.

I'll talk to the MXED developer and ask him to report back the current file name when the program closes, so the Max plug-in can load the correct file.
Mihnea Balta wrote:I'll talk to the MXED developer and ask him to report back the current file name when the program closes, so the Max plug-in can load the correct file.
I think that would be a good solution. Thank you!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]