By macray
If you use the archtectural extension and load materials via the intergrated library browser cinema can display the textures fine. But Maxwell cannot render any of these.
Are you going to implement this in future versions of the plugin?

At the moment materials are either not respected or Maxwell stops because its not able to read the used textures. (I encountered this very often with objects imported from the architectural database.)
By JDHill
At first, no, and I won't hold up release of a new plugin in order to implement this. As with procedural textures, these things don't actually exist as files anywhere, so we will have to go into the library, save what we find there out to a temp file, and give that path to Maxwell. I am not sure if or how this is supported in the Cinema SDK, but I am aware of the issue, and will look into it.

JD
By adri
Are we going to get a R11 plugin for OS X?

TIA

Adri
By JDHill
Yes, it is being built for Cinema R9.6 - R11, Windows 32bit/64bit, OSX 32bit Intel/PPC.
By macray
....As with procedural textures, these things don't actually exist as files anywhere, so we will have to go into the library, save what we find there out to a temp file, and give that path to Maxwell. ....
That's exactly why I'm asking. These things are useful for me but not yet useable with Maxwell.
But as long as you are aware of this - I'm fine for the moment, even if it is not implemented in the next release(s).
By JDHill
I wanted to follow up here after the release of 1.8 - after this conversation, I downloaded the architectural demo stuff and added code to the plugin which should render these textures out to disk just as if they were regular procedurals. However, since that feature cannot work in demos, I am unable to really confirm whether my code works or not. So, just let me know...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]