Everything related to SDK.
By Kabe
I'm wondering if there will be a new Maxwell SDK release after RC5. Any comments on this?

The current situation with Studio most likely doesn't allow a smooth workflow, because materials have to be reassigned after scene changes, if you use raw exports for the geometry.

The current Cinema plugin is based on a very old version of the Cinema SDK which doesn't allow a lot of the enhancement more recent versions are providing exspecially to support external renderers. I'm thinking about an open source plugin based on the 9.5 SDK.

Thanks

Kabe
By garyswindell
Yes, if someone would PLEASE answer this question it would be MUCH appreciated. The SDK must exist for plugins to be written so when can we get a crack at it?
By sidenimjay
my bet is the sdk wont get released before they have the core stable again

i hope that we can get there soon so we can get our fav packages hooked back up, they are sorely missed
By garyswindell
Yep, I am dead in the water without the SDK. :cry:
By Kabe
sidenimjay wrote:my bet is the sdk wont get released before they have the core stable again
That was my bet as well. However, now we have RC5 and it looks good. The render engine will change (or Rs2 added), but this is a mere parameter change, so it shouldn't require many changes in the SDK.

It's time for an official NL answer in that matter.

Kabe
By sidenimjay
agreed! we at least could use a time-table for when we could expect to have it
By Kabe
Looks like some people have access to a recent SDK, see the
announcement of MXL Explorer (TAFKAMatadorLight):
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... hp?t=12576

I seriously doubt than David Rossmann has reversed engineered access to
custom materials... intresting enough my questions if he has access to the SDK were left unanswered... :x

Kabe
By sidenimjay
ok so do we have an A-Team for the sdk now?

if the qualification for beta A-team was making pretty pics and posting
one would think that being asked by the heads to release a plugin for the
general public that would put them on the list to help test an sdk, or that they
would try to at least communicate their intentions

has anyone heard from these guys about any plans for anything?
oscar ? victor ? lisux? dont we deserve an update or progress report at least a bone or table scraps? at least treat us as good as you treat your dogs , im sure they get fed at least once a week

its been more than 2months since we first asked for some info about what to expect, arent we due?
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]