All posts related to V2
By choo-chee
first is with maxwell. how come m-r knows how to calculate reflections inside a nickel tube or cube? it's like having endless bounces... ?
second is google related. how come when I type something in google I get answer instantly yet in my PC I have to wait .. :(
By Bubbaloo
choo-chee wrote:how come m-r knows how to calculate reflections inside a nickel tube or cube? it's like having endless bounces... ?
I don't understand the question. As far as I know, give Maxwell enough time and it will calculate all bounces.
By choo-chee
but that's impossible ...? each bounce is affected by the previous bounce which reflects in it infinitely ...? and google ?
By choo-chee
no no , I really can't get no one to explain to me how typing a phrase in www.google.com returns 10000's of hits in 0.1 of a second while searching for a file or phrase in my PC takes minutes ?!
By yolk
well it should not take minutes on your computer..just seconds or split seconds. maybe your computer didn't finish indexing the harddisk or the index is corrupt. that or you're running your os off a floppy disk :D
By tom
choo-chee wrote:first is with maxwell. how come m-r knows how to calculate reflections inside a nickel tube or cube?
Maxwell has no idea about nickel tubes or cubes. It bounces light energy between triangles forever and renders the rays reaching camera sensor.
By choo-chee
so what I see with my eyes at once , actually is calculated over-and-over by mr ? I think that if I have time one day I'll try to see how MR handles a nice hall-of -mirrors ...
Texture/finish lost in render.

Anything?

Material preview

Yes, I have set Maxwell for Rhino as Current Rende[…]

Hi, there are two problems in studio - First one t[…]

Hello everybody, we have a problem with the Maxwe[…]