All posts related to V2
Hello everybody
I have an interior rendering with some windows with glass. Now I wanna have better control over the reflections of the windows in the final composition.
So I thought: Let's render a separate reflection pass and use that to blend it together with the final image in Photoshop.
However... I can't find a good way to blend the images together in PS, the layer modes don't give me the result I want...
Is there a tutorial somewhere how to do that?

Thanks a lot, Oliver
Hello Oliver,

The Diffuse and Reflection passes allow you to render those passes separately, and mix them using your image compositing software.
It is useful for tweaking the final look.

The way to mix the is using the Screen mode for the Reflections pass, and apply it over the Diffuse pass (below).

I attach an screenshot to visually explain it.

Regards

i was going to ask what is this 'studio' thing you are referring, but just remembered that i choose not to invest time with studio some time back and mow have to accept my high levels of ignorance about this subject - i will troll quietly.

Thanks you both for the clarification. :?
x_site,
i choose not to invest time with studio
The LightWave-MW plugin at least has these reflection and diffuse separating options (under Channels tab), and I would imagine that most if not all of the plug-ins do as wel. So if you have that much of an aversion to Studio, have a look there.

where are they now?

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]