All posts related to V2
By cgbeige
I don't know if this is a bug or not but rendering to 32-bit colour mode as opposed to 8-bit increases the rendering time an incredible amount on OS X from Maya. I just waited 2 hours for image feedback and SL1 and thought "this can't be right." I tried it in 8-bit and I'm at SL4 in 3 minutes. So is this a bug or is it actually how long it takes to render 32-bit images? If I render as 8-bit but save an EXR or HDR file from Maxwell, does it retain the same 32-bit data even though I rendered in 8-bit?
By cgbeige
ok - I think I just found a bug with instancing in Maya and meshes with bad topology. I turned off instancing and it renders SL3 in 32-bit within 2 minutes. Also found another bug – I have low priority unchecked in the Maya render panel but it renders in low priority within Maxwell. Someone might want to move this thread to the Maya Maxwell forum.
By Bubbaloo
cgbeige wrote:If I render as 8-bit but save an EXR or HDR file from Maxwell, does it retain the same 32-bit data even though I rendered in 8-bit?
The initial bit depth setting is only for the image in the "output image" path. After you stop the render (or open a saved mxi file), you can save to any bit depth you want.
By cgbeige
I thought so too but the image is very different if I render in a lower bit depth. I just did some tests.
By micheloupatrick
cgbeige wrote: Also found another bug – I have low priority unchecked in the Maya render panel but it renders in low priority within Maxwell. Someone might want to move this thread to the Maya Maxwell forum.
I already submitted this bug here: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 01&t=32758. There is also a glitch in the UI (in Maxwell): the priority pulldown menu is to short and doesn't correctly display the "normal" option.
Texture/finish lost in render.

Nothing?

I answered this question myself in Rhino 6 documen[…]

New developments for Maxwell 5.1

- First one the random color don't work with hdr[…]

Material preview

Yes, I have set Maxwell for Rhino as Current Rende[…]