I am pleased to announce that from now onwards, all Maxwell Render projects will be processed on our RANCH Runner.
The new system is 2.5 to 3 times as fast as the 'old' RANCH (which could hardly be considered slow). You can see some benchmarks here
and our latest Newsletter here
Good things to know:
- a project which took one hour of render time is now done in around 20-25 minutes.
- in a given time, the RANCH Runner often reaches SL+2 compared to the old Ranch (18 instead of 16 for instance).
- we can render super-heavy projects as each RR node has 24 GB RAM.
- the gathering+merging phase is also 2.5 times faster, which means that a full merging from all the RANCH Runner nodes takes 8 minutes with 2 GB MXIs, when it took 20 minutes before.
- the MXI size limit that we can process (2.5 GB) is now increased to 5 GB.
This massive speed increase does not cost more to our customers. In fact on many projects it costs less!
The supercomp is driven by proprietary software developed internally, which ensures fast reactivity and maximum optimization.
We hope you will love this performance increase as a great way to boost your productivity... and sell more renders to your customers
RANCHecker for Maxwell
has been updated to support the RANCH Runner, we highly recommend you download the new 1.2 version.
See you on the RANCH!