By Rochr
Has anyone here had any luck getting c4d-materials to work in the new plugin?
All i get is "Map is not created", and clicking on yes a couple of times result in "render failed".
By Tyrone Marshall
Rochr wrote:Has anyone here had any luck getting c4d-materials to work in the new plugin?
All i get is "Map is not created", and clicking on yes a couple of times result in "render failed".
Hello Rochr,

All objects must have a NL maxwell material tag of some kind, or they render with a default (green-brown) diffuse setting.

Drop a tag on them, and I would at this time just export to mxs and fine tune your materials in the studio, then render.
By Rochr
Thanks for the reply Tyrone.

The thing is that they already have maxwell-tags, and it´s a test scene i´ve used in the beta without problems. No matter what tags i´m using, the maxwell plugin wont render out cinema-materials/shaders.

As for the mxs, i really don´t mean any disrespect towards you, but i bought Maxwell for the plugin only, and working with the studio is not an option for me.
That would mean that i´ld have to export scenes with sometimes several hundreds/thousands of objects and rebuild everything in the studio, and i honestly don´t want to spend unecessary time triangulating/exporting/rebuilding such scenes. Not even if the studio would render in the best possible quality.

If this is the only fix, then unfortunatly it´s another flawed release, and i´ll either go back to the beta or keep lighting the scenes manually in Cinema.

Thanks anyway though, for trying to help out.
By Becco_UK
Im with the sentiments being expressed by 'Rochr' on this one. All material editing functions should be accessible through the plugin. I already have a scene layout/preview function - it's called Cinema4D.

For people who's software is supported with a fully functioned plugin I just can't see a need for Maxwell Studio.

For people who's software isn't supported then I accept there is a requirement for Maxwell Studio.

More flexibility please, Next Limit.
Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]