I've been asked a few times by newer MaxwellRC users how thay can use Maxwell Beta with Cinema plugin until MaxwellRC improves ie: sky & sunlight, general render engine performance etc.

The problem seems to be that newer Maxwell people were supplied with the .dat file that will only work with MaxwellRC.

Maxwell Beta uses a simple text file made from info' that was included in an email if you purchased Maxwell at the Beta, or earlier stage, of development.

I assume this info' wasn't supplied with RC due to a .dat file being used.

To use Beta: Download the apropriate files using the download link Next Limit supplied. For PC users the files you need to download are:

Maxwell Render Windows 1.2.2a beta Jul 01 05
Plugin for CINEMA 4D (8.5/9.x) Jul 07 05

I'm assuming Next Limit will supply people wishing to use Beta with the correct licence info' so that they can make the necessary plain .txt file. If correct contact Next Limit for licence info'.

Maxwell RC needs to be uninstalled before installing Maxwell Beta.

Install Beta and place the plain .txt file in the main Maxwell Directory.
Install the Cinema4D (1.2.2a beta Jul 01 05) plugin.

Away you go. It would have been nice if Beta and RC could have both been installed at the same time but swapping isn't very time consuming, just a bit inconvient.

Tyrone, does this sound about correct?
Last edited by Becco_UK on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tyrone Marshall
Thanks Becco,

It sounds correct so far. They will need to create the needed text file to have the beta work. I have not looked at the RC plugin yet. I will later tonight.

I will confirm your message at that time, and make necessary update information to forum.

Thanks for heading this up Becco!
By Becco_UK
OK. Seemed faster than responding to individual queries. I have removed reference to RC plugin availablity since I made the initial post (to avoid confusion).

Now Next Limit will be wondering why they have so many requests for Beta licence info' :D
SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]