What version of Cinema 4D do you use?

8.5 win
4
5%
8.5 OSX ppc
2
2%
9.0 win
4
5%
9.0 OSX ppc
No votes
0%
9.5 win
2
2%
9.5 OSX ppc
No votes
0%
9.6 win
11
13%
9.6 OSX ppc
6
7%
9.6 OSX UB
1
1%
10.x win
29
35%
10.x OSX UB
23
28%
Others (please specify)
No votes
0%
By nicole
#227011
Hi everyone,

We are working on a new version of Cinema 4D plug-in, that will bring complete material integration and other great improvements. It would be a great help if you could tell us what version of Cinema 4D you use so that we know where to focus the development.

Many thanks,
Last edited by nicole on Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By macray
#227218
Nicole,

I don't understand why this is necessary. No matter what you concentrate on - I'd like to have a plugin that supports the same Cinema versions as before and the new ones as well!
User avatar
By Rochr
#227306
...still 8.5
And i second macray.

I would also love to see a list that specifies precisely what changes/features forced you to cancel the support for the older plugins.

And with all due respect, how about really listening to the wishes from the users in this forum for a change. Some of us work with the program for a living rather than just playing with it.
Your beta testers haven´t been able to spot a load of obvious errors for the last year and a half, and these are the people that provide you with suggestions/improvements for the plugin, and are the ones you listen to.

After the last flawed versions, i personally question their credibility and their knowledge about workflow in Cinema4D and especially Cinemaxwell, and would like to see an example of exactly what type of scenes they´re testing the plugin with.
User avatar
By Kabe
#227448
Rochr wrote:And with all due respect, how about really listening to the wishes from the users in this forum for a change. Some of us work with the program for a living rather than just playing with it.
Your beta testers haven´t been able to spot a load of obvious errors for the last year and a half, and these are the people that provide you with suggestions/improvements for the plugin, and are the ones you listen to.

After the last flawed versions, i personally question their credibility and their knowledge about workflow in Cinema4D and especially Cinemaxwell, and would like to see an example of exactly what type of scenes they´re testing the plugin with.
This posting is just insulting. You don't know who and what you are ranting about.

Kabe
By Becco_UK
#227449
Although my vote went to Cinema 9.6 I also maintain and still use Cinema 8.5 (windows) on my system. Personally, I cannot understand why a Cinema plugin cannot be created for different versions of Cinema - Maya still has a good selection of listed Maxwell plugins.
User avatar
By Rochr
#227463
Kabe wrote:
Rochr wrote:And with all due respect, how about really listening to the wishes from the users in this forum for a change. Some of us work with the program for a living rather than just playing with it.
Your beta testers haven´t been able to spot a load of obvious errors for the last year and a half, and these are the people that provide you with suggestions/improvements for the plugin, and are the ones you listen to.

After the last flawed versions, i personally question their credibility and their knowledge about workflow in Cinema4D and especially Cinemaxwell, and would like to see an example of exactly what type of scenes they´re testing the plugin with.
This posting is just insulting. You don't know who and what you are ranting about.

Kabe
No? I´ve been using the result of that great beta testing for 2 years now, and only the 1.1 version have been close to a working software. How you could miss something as obvious as , for example, the texture paths not working on that release is still a mystery.

Now, of course in usual NL tradition, you have to break something already working with any new release. This time it was support for older versions. I not only consider that to be insulting, but it´s also stealing. I payed for a fully working software that was to be released 2 years ago.

My opinion about the testers stands.
By Boris Ulzibat
#227488
Kabe wrote:
This posting is just insulting. You don't know who and what you are ranting about.

Kabe
Releasing such software after claiming that the delay is because of "throughout testing" — this is what is insulting.

I seriously doubt, that any testing AT ALL was made to final build of Cinemaxwell amd MXCL, period.

Testing the black/red fireflies issue on the standart mat test scene took me alone 5 (FIVE) minutes, to see this issue!!!
Cinemaxwell MXM bug is SO obvious that it took less than a couple of hours after release to catch this bug.
Now tell me, who is a tester here? You, or US?
I may get banned for this comment, but such behaviour is unacceptable,
it is the fault of NL and ALL you can do is say "sorry", and not say people insult you, they (or, shall i say WE) have all the rights to be mad.
User avatar
By spekoun
#227496
Guys i can not understand. You want quickly Maxwell updates and you work with ancient version of C4D??? Why do not you upgrade C4D? You will be happy twice... once: CD4 10 is sooo much better than 8. twice: no problem with new plugins(not only Maxwell). Would you like v6 support too??? :lol:

Only my opinion, sorry... ;)
By Boris Ulzibat
#227500
spekoun wrote:Guys i can not understand. You want quickly Maxwell updates and you work with ancient version of C4D??? Why do not you upgrade C4D? You will be happy twice... once: CD4 10 is sooo much better than 8. twice: no problem with new plugins(not only Maxwell). Would you like v6 support too??? :lol:

Only my opinion, sorry... ;)
I use R10, what's the difference? Nothing's working correctly...
And i too see no point in sticking to older versions of C4D, but there is no point in i for me, people who use it have their own thoughts.
User avatar
By Rochr
#227514
spekoun wrote:Guys i can not understand. You want quickly Maxwell updates and you work with ancient version of C4D??? Why do not you upgrade C4D? You will be happy twice... once: CD4 10 is sooo much better than 8. twice: no problem with new plugins(not only Maxwell). Would you like v6 support too??? :lol:

Only my opinion, sorry... ;)
I wont be using 8.5 indefinitely, but for the moment i see no reason to upgrade. I don´t need to have the newest version just for the sake of having the newest, and i can already build any model/scene i want/need with C4D 8.5 core using traditional lighting.
If i spot something i need in a new C4D release, i will upgrade, but right now i manage just fine, so why waste money when it´s not necessary?
And in it´s current shape, i honestly don´t consider Maxwell beeing worth the price of updating, so i´m not going for it.

But that´s beside the point anyway. We should already have a working version of the renderer. I bought it one month prior to the full release of 1.0, expecting a fully working plugin for that 8.5.
That was back in 2005, and i still haven´t recieved that fully working plugin.
It´s not our(the customers) fault that NL stalls the development, but we have to pay the price for their delays, and i´m not paying another $ for this one.
User avatar
By Tyrone Marshall
#227558
Rochr wrote:
Kabe wrote:
Rochr wrote:And with all due respect, how about really listening to the wishes from the users in this forum for a change. Some of us work with the program for a living rather than just playing with it.
Your beta testers haven´t been able to spot a load of obvious errors for the last year and a half, and these are the people that provide you with suggestions/improvements for the plugin, and are the ones you listen to.

After the last flawed versions, i personally question their credibility and their knowledge about workflow in Cinema4D and especially Cinemaxwell, and would like to see an example of exactly what type of scenes they´re testing the plugin with.
This posting is just insulting. You don't know who and what you are ranting about.

Kabe
No? I´ve been using the result of that great beta testing for 2 years now, and only the 1.1 version have been close to a working software. How you could miss something as obvious as , for example, the texture paths not working on that release is still a mystery.

Now, of course in usual NL tradition, you have to break something already working with any new release. This time it was support for older versions. I not only consider that to be insulting, but it´s also stealing. I payed for a fully working software that was to be released 2 years ago.

My opinion about the testers stands.
Rochr,

While I understand your frustration, please take a minute to read what you post before you submit it. We are on the same team.
By shen.de
#227612
spekoun wrote:Guys i can not understand. You want quickly Maxwell updates and you work with ancient version of C4D??? Why do not you upgrade C4D? You will be happy twice... once: CD4 10 is sooo much better than 8. twice: no problem with new plugins(not only Maxwell). Would you like v6 support too??? :lol:

Only my opinion, sorry... ;)

but tell then, for what reason should we update? I work with c4d 9.0 and I only use it to model because materials and renderings are done with maxwell... u can't expect us to upgrade cinema for a lot of money just to use a software I also spended a lot of money for.
User avatar
By spekoun
#227703
shen.de wrote:
spekoun wrote:Guys i can not understand. You want quickly Maxwell updates and you work with ancient version of C4D??? Why do not you upgrade C4D? You will be happy twice... once: CD4 10 is sooo much better than 8. twice: no problem with new plugins(not only Maxwell). Would you like v6 support too??? :lol:

Only my opinion, sorry... ;)

but tell then, for what reason should we update? I work with c4d 9.0 and I only use it to model because materials and renderings are done with maxwell... u can't expect us to upgrade cinema for a lot of money just to use a software I also spended a lot of money for.
Reason??? Have you ever try v10??? There is so many improvemets for modelling. I use C4D only for modeling too and i upgrade every release. I can understan if you have some big bundle it cost a lot of money, but upgrading only "core" of Cinema is not expensive. And for example in v10 is BodyPaint included in core, this is very good reason, for me.

But i must say again, it is only my opinion. I know many people, that do not like new versions. They know their old stuff and do not like learn something new. ;)
User avatar
By Rochr
#227724
Spekoun,
What can you model in v10, that you can´t model in 8.5?

Tyrone,
Yeah, i´m frustrated and my comments probably came out a bit to harch. I apologize for that.
I´m normally a nice guy, but i´m also on a small budget, and could´ve used the money spent on Maxwell on far more useful tools.

With that said, i also believed we were on the same side here, and i was even a little optimistic about 1.5, thinking i could finally start to use the renderer for production work. Well, we all know how that ended up, and this poll will not change a thing.

The only thing NL have achieved here, is to cut even more people out of the loop and away from Maxwell.
I spoke to a number of people using older versions last night, and most of them are already starting to focus their attention towards other parts of Madrid, to software that is up to par AND support older versions.
And even though i´ve patiently waited for Maxwell, hoping i would see some progress, now i´m honestly thinking of joning them.

If that was the goal with terminating the support for older versions, i must say you´ve done a mighty fine job.
I, and i assure you i´m not alone, much rather pay up again, if i get to deal with a company that support the tools i use, and welcome me as a user instead of turning their back on me.

I think it´s pretty obvious that we´re not welcomed here anymore, that much NL have made very clear.

Hey Kev, I believe it doesn't work in Maya's plugi[…]

Maxwell and Blender

Blender 2.9 is out - has there been any further pr[…]

I think that most features that are needed on a re[…]

Maxwell keeps returning an error when I try to ren[…]