Tried the new Cinema plugin with this 6 hour render ealier today.

I hope to later post details in the main forum.

I noted that although I lowered the Abbe value to 25 for the dialectric (ND 2.0) no spectral dispersion was in the render.

I have no use for Studio at present so the render you see was via the plugin.

Is this a plugin bug?
Last edited by Becco_UK on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tyrone Marshall
Hello Becco,

Nice work.

Try this from studio to see if the problem is either the plugin or just a parameter not fully coded in the studio and render standalone. I remember that in RC1 and RC2 the Abbe was uneditable. So it seems this just became a editable value in RC3, maybe it is not fully implemented.
By macray
Did you change something? The antialias seems to be broken in the upper part of you image. The helix looks awful!
By arch4d
i have the feeling the AA isset very low in the RCs, or have i overseen a hidden button to set the AA-Level ?
By Becco_UK
macray: The helix is in fact very smooth. The jaggles appear worse in the light reflections of all the metal areas. Probably the constant angles in the helix that makes things work. The middle metal rods at the reat are also bad while the diffuse ones look better. Similar to arch4D, I personally feel it is a problem with the core render engine.
By patrikpanda
.i tried to change color of dielectric material and it also doesn´t work in render.rendered via plugin.is this another bug?
By Kabe
macray wrote:Did you change something? The antialias seems to be broken in the upper part of you image. The helix looks awful!
Well, antialias is of course always tends a bit to introduce blur, and everyone who's worked on that a bit nows that it's far from easy to do. It's with reason that AA has it's own set of controls in Cinema's own renderer.

AA depends on sub pixel sampling, and it looks like this is not implemented very well yet. Let's hope that AA is done based on the MXI values.

Kabe
By Becco_UK
Tyrone: Just tried the msx file directly in Maxwell Studio. Dispersion effects worked only when turning on by hand (with the dispersion button at top right of material editor).

Looks like the plugin doesn't turn on dispersion makes sense because there is no on/off option within the plugin.
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]