By smvwhite
After applying UV texturing and getting perfect output in the Lightwave 8.5 render, on clicking MaxwellRender in the plugin list, I get a render that has multiple tiling (actually ignores the UV setting in LW8.5).

Then I decide to fix this in Studio....but on saving out an MXS and loading this into Studio, and double-clicking the Material in the Material List that the object is linked to, I cannot find any setting , eg. UV, to correct the application of the texture on the object (bit of a newb I'm afraid).

So, as always, any help would be very much appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

Steve :) :)
By Mihai
Double click on any texture button in the material editor, it will bring up the texture picker where you can set the tiling and offset. Also in the object param panel you have a UV section.

Read the manual :)
By smvwhite
Thanks for the ideas Mihai. I have previously done those things but haven't been able to change anything. UV is linked to co-ordinating the texture with specific points on the mesh. I don't want to change the scaling, I need it to map correctly. Scale is just for planar type projections, isn't it?

I have read the manual and always search forums before posting... but still confused.
By smvwhite
Mihai,

If I can successfully complete UV mapping in LW 8.5, shouldn't the plugin automatically render this correctly without the need for my searching around a Studio mxs loading to correct this anyway?

I will try another object to test this further.

When I stated I cannot find any setting, I mean I have found mapping settings but not the setting I am looking for - LW Surface Editor has:
planar
cylindrical
spherical
cubic
front
UV

I am looking for UV in Maxwell Studio and can only find:

Planar
Spherical
Cylindrical
Cubic

No UV to fix my UV mapping that the plugin didn't do correctly :cry:

Steve.
By Mihnea Balta
The MXS file format does not contain information about projection modes. It can only store UVs, so what the plug-in does is compute UV values from the projection parameters you set and write them to the Maxwell scene.

Anyway, this shouldn't affect you in any way, because the plug-in should match the texturing you get in LW with the texturing exported to Maxwell. Could you send us a small scene or object which exhibits the problem? It would be much easier for us to figure out what's going on that way. You can use my e-mail, mihnea.balta@gmail.com .
By smvwhite
Thank you for your help Mihnea.

Will send the scene across now.

Cheers,

Steve :)
By WillMartin
I had found an issue with the v1.5.8 plug-in where despite setting "reset" for the tiling options in the LW plug-in, the textured still tiled in the Maxwell output. I reported it already so hopefully it's already a done fix for the next version.
By smvwhite
Problem appears to be resolved. Not sure how I got repeated errors in mapping previous to 2 minutes ago when I achieved a correct render.

Will test some more objects to make sure I can repeat this recent success.

Thank you again Mihai, Mihnea and Will.

Will do one final post to confirm repeated success in a day or so.

Steve
By Inaki
Im still working from studio... So my main query is importing camera paths into it and render from there. With this I will be the happiest maxwell user around the world!!!

;)

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]