By Cyberfish_Fred
they say ....

Plug-ins: All our current plug-ins are compatible with Maxwell Render 1.5, and many of them have been further improved. Especially the Lightwave plug-in has seen major optimizations.

so ....

:cry:
By sms
Hello? Is anyboy out there who can give us some information when the LightWave plug in comes out finally?!

This 'non information' policy is bad behaviour and nothing less than annoying.
By glebe digital
New LW plug is a beauty.........
run installer, load an old scene to Layout and I've got a render cooking in under two minutes.......I like it NL........ 8)
By noiseboy
glebe digital wrote:New LW plug is a beauty.........
run installer, load an old scene to Layout and I've got a render cooking in under two minutes.......I like it NL........ 8)
except there only appears to be a Windows version on the server
By tokiop
yes I wonder, where is the mac plugin, wasn't able to install it with the .exe ... hope it's already ready and in the rush they forgot to include it in the .rar

:?
By Jedt3D
tokiop wrote:hope it's already ready and in the rush they forgot to include it in the .rar

:?
yes, better than forgot include Mac version in the development ;-)
By Mihnea Balta
The OSX build is in the oven and will be available in a matter of days.
By zent]
This new plugin is really super. The speed is outstanding.
By tokiop
thanks for the info Mihena, Maxwell is at another maturity level and the plug-in seems to be so too !
By WillMartin
If one is using 8.x, does that mean it has to be 8.5? I'm using 8.3 and I'm having troubles getting MW1.5 to work. It might be just be me being too used to the way the Beta and 1.1 plug-ins worked.

Under master plug-in all I can see is "Maxwell Rener Options" and within that there is no "Render Frame" or "Export as MXS" options in that like there used to be in the other plug-in's.

When I first added the maxwell.p it said it installed five plug-ins, but I can only find the "Options" one (plus my old 1.1). Hopefully I'm not coming off as too dense here. :? Help?
By Mihnea Balta
Check my post here. You don't need to assign a master plug-in manually anymore, the MaxwellRenderOptions command will create one if needed and display the property page.

When we said 8.x we meant all the versions from 8.0 and up.

The plug-in might not coexist nicely with the 1.1 version. If you get problems even when using the new Layout commands, try disabling the 1.1 plugin to see if that helps.
By hdesbois
I have 8.5, not 8.3, so, I can't be positive about it, but he new plugin allows mxs export by adding an mxs option to file/export menu. And a Maxwell section under the "render" menu tab. Quite neat with 8.5, 9.x. , not sure how iy works with 8.3

H.
By Mihnea Balta
It doesn't anymore. :)

The automatic menu creation feature was present in the beta but it's disabled now because it breaks in too many cases (it's based on a hack anyway). We'll bring it back once we get a more robust method of doing it.
By WillMartin
Thanks for the reply Mihnea. I moved the 1.1 plug-in out and the new plug-in in and found it (them). It all works really nice now (for a from-scratch scene). Very zippy and cool! Like a Lamborghini! :)

Another question: For my scene that I was rendering in 1.1, when it's loading in the 1.5 set-up in it says for the objects that it can't find the MaxwellRender shader handler and fails the M~R "shader" load. Does this mean that for all 1.1 objects we'll have load them in and let the old shader settings do a "load fail" then go into the Surface editor and load their MW material settings manually from the .mxm flies they were linked to before? Not complaining at the thought, just wondering. :) To be honest, I liked the old way (linking objects to .mxm files via shaders) but I'm sure there were some weaknesses involved with that route that I'm just not remembering now. If you could provide a few words or a link to such that explains the strengths of doing it this way over the previous way that would be swell. I just want to wrap my head around this as best as I can since we don't have docs yet. ... Edit: It has to do with texture mapping, doesn't it? This way you can carefully control how the mapping happens via playing by LW's specific rules whereas you can't do that using the MxEd. At least that's my best guess at trying to answer my own question. :)

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]