By hdesbois
Although there is big improvement in workflow, this new plugin needs some attention.
Might be handy to gather confirmed bugs in one thread.
A first one :
Values for focal lenght and film size do not translate accurately (this bug has been around for a while, and puzzles me a bit).
For instance, 55 mm (focal lenght) in LW, 52.4 mm in Maxwell, 26.7 mm (film height) gives 25.4 mm. Since both focal lenght and film size change the same way, image aspect is preserved. But why do they change at all?
HD
By tokiop
Good idea to start a buglist hdesbois!!

Here is a link to a Mac LW plugin bug (mxm are not saved in mxs by lightwave).

tokiop
By victor
There is some issue with the focal length in Lightwave which is in conflict with the Maxwell camera definition. We are using the FOV values, and focal length is ignored. I hardly remember, but someone pointed us to a known focal length issue in Lightwave. When we used those values in the Maxwell camera they didn't work. FOV values seemed more reliable.
By tokiop
Update for the 5 May update:
tokiop wrote:Here is a link to a Mac LW plugin bug (mxm are not saved in mxs by lightwave).
IT WORKS !!! :D :D :D

thanks a lot for the update!
By hdesbois
Made some tests. The Maxwell values appear to match the the LW aspect ratio ok. You can comp LW outputs with LW outputs, except the DOF seems a bit different.
HD
By hdesbois
Ok, finally sorted out this focal length issue with the help of some guys on NT forum: the 135 SLR preset for LW is wrong. Should be 0.9449" or 24 mm, not
1.0512" as it is now.
HD
By Toxie
Cubic projections doesnt look right
By hdesbois
Image output path still not properly exported.
HD
By hdesbois
I enjoy very much not tripling all my models before rendering, but there is an issue with normal orientation. When a mesh made of quad or n-gons is exported through plugin, sometimes, the normals are exported the wrong way. It seems that has not consequences except with emitters: the light output is then very weak and the mesh render as black.
HD
By RonB
No one but me seems to be having this problem: Texture maps are rendered 20% lighter than they should be...requiring the material to be deleted and completely rebuilt from scratch in Studio...
Anyone?

Cheers, Ron
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]