By hdesbois
Here we go, with an easy one to to start with :
>>in the environment tab of the Maxwell plugin, I wish we could set nort direction. For instance, positive Z axis could be default orientation, with a spinner to set a deviation angle.

Now the big one :
>>smart translation of LW materials. If no maxwell shader is applied, the different LW channels should be passed to Maxwell material in an efficient way.
For instance :
color>self explanatory enough
luminosity>if different from 0% then, make the material an emitter and ignore incompatible parameters.
diffuse>maybe we can discard this one? Or a nice trick would be to use it to set a weight map...
specularity>reflectance
glossiness>roughness
transparency>transmittance, let's say 100%=100m
Bump is quite obvious and already working
The other channels could be used for future implementations of extra material properties, for instance with translucency and SSS, etc.
This kind of thing could improve greatly the workflow.
I'm not sure if it's usefull to keep Maxwell shaders, maybe to load a mxm within LW, or to set extra layers, though I think we could do without.

HD
By Hervé
really nice start Henri... :wink: I'll make it sticky..
By mgroeteke
hdesbois wrote:Here we go, with an easy one to to start with :
>>in the environment tab of the Maxwell plugin, I wish we could set nort direction. For instance, positive Z axis could be default orientation, with a spinner to set a deviation angle.

Now the big one :
>>smart translation of LW materials. If no maxwell shader is applied, the different LW channels should be passed to Maxwell material in an efficient way.
For instance :
color>self explanatory enough
luminosity>if different from 0% then, make the material an emitter and ignore incompatible parameters.
diffuse>maybe we can discard this one? Or a nice trick would be to use it to set a weight map...
specularity>reflectance
glossiness>roughness
transparency>transmittance, let's say 100%=100m
Bump is quite obvious and already working
The other channels could be used for future implementations of extra material properties, for instance with translucency and SSS, etc.
This kind of thing could improve greatly the workflow.
I'm not sure if it's usefull to keep Maxwell shaders, maybe to load a mxm within LW, or to set extra layers, though I think we could do without.

HD
agree with all! ...and maybe some day, add an OSX version of the plugin... LOL

more seriously: it would be a great time saver, if the plugin could generate emitter geometry and mapping using area light parameters in the LW scene (position, orientation, size, intensity, color). would be a great time saver and could be used for a fast setup. just build your scene lights within LW (maybe with the help of fprime), export with the mxw plugin, and have an approximate light setup ready in maxwell studio.

markus
By Mattia Sullini
What about making possible to work with layers? I mean multilayered and multimaterial objects...i cannot spend an hour to setup a scene specifically for MW, right? I hate trigons on architectural models!!!!!
By hdesbois
Another one for the next built: when encountering an illegal texture format such as png, just show an error message with a ignore/replace option instead of just crashing without warning.
HD
By Inaki
Really important:

-We make use of gradient to texture glass, metals and other elements. Will be really sweet if those materials texture as gradients are converted into maxwell materials when u imoport the scene.

-Every time I have to import an scene from lightwave, I have to rotate the full scene from a null object -90 degrees to get the right position of the sun. Is there any way to automate it?

Thanks all!!!

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]