Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By jfrancis

A whole bunch of grungy and quite useful-looking 1024 rez tiled textures, free from NVIDIA>

They are in 8-bit DDS format, but NVIDIA also provides a free DDS i/o plugin for Photoshop.

I think I can get a fair amount of use from some of these. If you haven't seen them before, they seem worth the effort.

link here for plugin

link here for the textures, themselves...
By RonB
What the hell are Transmogrifying textures? I am not sure I want them in the same folder as my other texture maps. They might transmorgrify the whole lot with their filthy transmorgrifying ways...
By jfrancis
good point. i guess we dodged a bullet.
By Tim Ellis
It's a good free plugin, but it's not as good as Crazy Bump.

It won't work on PS layers either, as you end up with transparent maps.

Tim.
By RonB
The Transmorgriying textures are no great shakes either...
By jfrancis
RonB wrote:The Transmorgriying textures are no great shakes either...
If I find a use for one isolated corrosion stain in the corner of one image the download was worth the cost.
By jfrancis
I think in future instead of trying to contribute to this site I'll just keep quiet and take things.
By RonB
Hey wait a minute jfrancis...I did not mean to cast aspersions on your sharing. I should have stated a qualifier in my comment that said I do appreciate you taking the time to post and share these things. You are right, one little useful bit and it's all worth while, after all it is free.

So, please accept my apology and please do keep sharing...

I was just having some fun with the Transmorgrifying textures thing..I had never seen that before and it struck me as being funny...but I tend to shoot off at the mouth sometimes when it would be better for me to keep to myself.

Peace?

Ron

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]