Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By turbo2000
Hi all :D , does anybody know where to buy high quality textures like floors (modern parket/wood floors is very much needed), walls etc. both interior and exterior?

Another thing...
I've got a lot of Pergo laminat flooring textures but can't get them seamless and still look good. If any texture-expert are interested in earning a few bucks, i would like to pay for the job. (I have tried various types of software and manually in PS, but without success).
By Bubbaloo
Those 3 that you posted would require quite a bit of work.
You would have to cut out individual pieces of the wood flooring and rotate/mirror them and place them in a random pattern to the desired resolution.
The trick for wood flooring is getting the texture large enough to cover the area of your rendering without a repeating pattern.
By rendek
how big is that area that you want to cover, turbo?
By turbo2000
Maximus.. no it is a bit tricky :? But thank you very much for trying.

Bubbaloo... yes i have tried that aswell with an "ok" result but it took quite a long time for one type of floor :?

rendek im not going to cover any specifik area, just to make an good seamless texture.
By rendek
has any of you tried imagesynth? I'll give it a try tomorrow...
By KurtS
I use Filter Forge to create huge seamless texture maps. You can create your own filters, or simply use one of the 4000+ filters that are in the library. All the filters can be adjusted and tweaked.
You can also generate bump/displacement maps, normal maps, specular maps and so on...

The trial version is free for 30 days

[/commersial] :wink:
By turbo2000
rendek I have tried Imagesynth but i can't manage to get it right :?

KurtS can you do me i favor to try with Filter Forge and tell me if you can manage to get a decent texture of one the textures i link to?
By -Adrian
FilterForge is so expensive (the higher versions), it's too bad but i think i won't pay that much.
By KurtS
hi turbo2000:

Filter Forge is basically a tool for creating procedural textures and visual effects. is not for editing photographed textures into seamless textures.

To create seamless maps out of your texture photos I would use Photoshop. I've already tested one of them, and it's not really that difficult. The problem is (as Bubbaloo points out) that even if you make a perfect seam, you will still have to deal with the repeating pattern because your photos cover such a small surface.

Adrian:
Yes Filter Forge is not exactly freeware, I bought the pro version just to celebrate the falling dollar rates some weeks ago... :D
By turbo2000
Hi KurtS okay, i guess i have to use more time and deal with them manually, but thanks :wink:
By KurtS
the nice things about using procedurals is that you can make huge texturemaps (20 megapixels ore more if you like) and have them cover large surfaces without ever repeating the pattern.

Quick test with a parquet filter:

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]