Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Heinz Schmiedhofer
hi!

i have an interior architectural scene with a huge steel-glass-construction.

my problem is, that there are not enough reflections, when using the default AGS 75 (black or silver) from the JdHill folder in the library.

i tried to change the color in the reflective layer, but couldn´t get the right results.

of course i have to go through all the help-files and tutorials and so on, but i´m in hurry, so please could you tell me what to do, to control reflections?

:D

thx
By KurtS
Hi Heinz,

try to make a material simply by using the wizard for AGS in the material editor. Now choose "Tinted" and select an amount of reflection - try a large number like 80% or 90%. Select the desired color. Done.
By Heinz Schmiedhofer
hi KurtS,

thx for that, but there must be an issue with the lightdirection ( i think i have to try different time-settings), because even with a value of 100% i´m not able to increase reflections noticeable.

would it be a good idea to control reflection with the amount of opacity?

btw. sometimes after using different time-settings the image isn´t changing anymore and i have to merge the scene into a new one.

thx
By 4 HeRo
Increase the ND value of the reflective basic layer should do the trick :wink:
By Heinz Schmiedhofer
hi 4 HeRo,

edit: sorry, the increase of reflection was a result of the new environment-bitmap, not of the nd-value, so far i see.

is this the only way to increase reflections in glass?
for example, i want to achieve a very high reflective material, so i usually use very high nd-values?

thx
By KurtS
hi heinz,

there is another method: create a material that is less transparent, and the material will reflect more light (increase reflections)

try this in MXED/Studio:

1) use the wizard to create AGS as described above. Export and save the material as "AGS" (for later use).
2) use the wizard to create a reflective metal (in MXED: >"Basics">"Metal">"Aluminium">"roughness"= 0,00
3) Right-click in MXED where the layers are listed, and choose "Embed MXM". Embed the AGS you just made.

Now you should have a Material that is a mix between AGS and a mirror-like metal. It should be far more reflective and less transparent than AGS.
By Heinz Schmiedhofer
thank you,
the glass-surface is reflecting as desired now!

:D

lg

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]