Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Bubbaloo
I made this map for a fine brushed metal using Luxology's imagesynth plugin for photoshop.
I started with Hyltom's brushed metal map, enlarged and tiled it to 4096 x 4096 then applied a horizontal motion blur in photoshop.
I think the results are great for fine brushed metal.
It's high res to bring out the fine brush marks in close-up shots and seamlessly tileable so you can apply it to large surfaces.
The trick is to put this map in the roughness slot at 50 strength and invert it, also put it in the anisotropy slot (not inverted, strength is irrelevant).
The bump slot is left open for other effects.
I hope you find it useful!
http://www.divshare.com/download/3402895-889

Applied to an aluminum ior material:
By Hervé
something I don't understand.. why making a larger map, when you could tile (xy) the original map just more.. :?

nice material though ! :wink:
By Bubbaloo
Hervé wrote:something I don't understand.. why making a larger map, when you could tile (xy) the original map just more.. :?

nice material though ! :wink:
Higher resolution for better up-close shots, and large map so when you need to tile it, there won't be as much repeated noticeable tiling.

Also, you can reduce the size of it if your project doesn't need that much resolution. But it's good to have it if you need it, right?
By Hervé
of course it is good to have... hhe.. all thank you to you... :wink: I was just curious why... a really large map is indeed useful for very large surfaces.. no problem.. :wink:
By Blitzor
If procedural textures worked, a fine noise procedure map stretched in one direction would create this effect and would never create the impression of tiling. Not to mention eliminate the use of a bitmap image.
By abgrafx3d
thanks! very nice map.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]