Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By sam7
Hi fellows!
I just saw this really cool Tool to create textures procedually, but i't quite powerfull!!

It takes a little bit to figure out how to create your own effects, but after that it's really good. And the cool thing is, that you can export seamless textures as bitmaps in a resolution of 2K.

I created my first texture with that tool yesterday:

Here is a closeup of the normal map to see the quality:

Here is the tool MaPZone
And the best, it's FREE!! ;)

I uploaded the material to the mxm gallery:
http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/new ... =0&id=2626
By KurtS
thanks for the tip, sam - I'll check it out!
By sam7
but watch out, it's quite addictive ;)
By Maximus3D
It's a great tool but i find it a bit ram consuming and difficult to use, altough being a noob that's probably expected to happen :D

Don't you find it difficult to use Sam ? btw, nice looking material there :shock:

/ Max
By sam7
Yea... you're right. the first time I opend it I had no idea what was going on there and closed it after just a few minutes.... then ~ 2 weeks later I gave it a second try and started creating my own material, customizing Nodes etc. and after about 2-3 hours I was supprised how cool it is and I created the texture you can see above! :)
So it took a bit of patience in the first hour, but it was worth it. :D
By RonB
sam7,
I just tried it last night and got frustrated very quickly and gave up. I don't have a clue about nodes...totally alien to me. I wish they had a manual or some instructions to explain the process. I watched the vids but they confused me even more as I couldn't see any rhyme or reason to the method. But your success gives me encouragement and I'll try again...great looking material. I wish we could save the procedurals to use though.

Cheers, Ron
By numerobis
:shock: ... :mrgreen:

By numerobis
...but it worked

:mrgreen:
By Maximus3D
Bwhaha! :D that huge network to get such a beautiful checkerboard :shock: looks simple enough i'd say!

/ Max
By JTB
I think it is quite difficult for some of us who just need some simple photographic textures...
I saw some great results though.
By numerobis
Maximus3D wrote:Bwhaha! :D that huge network to get such a beautiful checkerboard :shock: looks simple enough i'd say!

/ Max
:lol:
By jotero
thanks sam7 nice tool :D

ciao
torolf
By microbi
I did my fist steps in this program.
Fist day I got tired of trying w/o success.

But today I managed to get some easy results.
Not very easy to use, it's not a friendly program, but it's powerful.

In my opinion, high resolution textures are blurry, taking in to accout ther are procedular Oº/

By polynurb
Hi Everybody,

I actually downloaded this tool some weeks ago, but it also gave me a hard time at first ( and still is :wink: ) , but reading this thread I gave it another try; And it is very powerfull, I still don`t understand half of the settings, but I figured out how to add Bitmaps into the generation process and fed it some of the Max`s scratchmaps to create this texture (a rough Wall):

...and just I could not resist checking that "adaptive" displacement :lol:
redered it over night at 900x900.

By polynurb at 2008-01-13[/img]

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]