Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By KurtS
go ahead, Max!

and maybe post the url to the "F"-material here when it's out?
By Maximus3D
Great, thanks Kurt :) i appreciate it. When it's uploaded and added to their materialsite i'll post a link to it here so you can see.

Here's a example render i did with the 'other' engine, the F.. one to test your material ported to it, settings and textures are straight from Maxwell to F. No other changes been done to it.

/ Max
By Hervé
very cool Max.. looks like one of these teleferic big cables... :shock:
By Maximus3D
Thanks Hervé :) but give credits to Kurt instead, this is his shader ported to the other engine. You meant a telegrafic cable i guess ?

However i wanted to try to create my own steelcable inspired by Kurt's so i recreated my own textures and gave it my own shader settings etc and at the moment this only exists for the other engine but i will when it's done port it back to Maxwell again as the conversion is fairly straightforward without much extra tweaking necessary. An example of what it currently looks like can be seen below, note that this is NOT rendered with Maxwell. It's the other engine.

/ Max
By tok
KurtS or Maximus3D, would you mind sharing a rope model? I am pretty keen on trying some mxms on one of them!
By Hervé
he he no not a telegrafic... the big suspended cabin.. up to the mountain... none in Sweden..? 8)
By KurtS
you mean like this?:

(from Sweden)
By Maximus3D
Hervé: Oops i misunderstood you, sorry! :) but yeap cabins like that, oh yes we got plenty of them in just about every mountain with ski slopes just like in the photo Kurt posted which btw is a real nice place called Åre up in north Sweden.

Kurt: Nice find, been there a few times skiing downhill :)

Here your Maxwell material converted to the other engine been added to their material site now.

http://materials.fryrender.com/#newMaterials|item=146

/ Max
By Hervé
he he yes !.. but the bigger ones...

By Maximus3D
That's the one Hervé :)

I finished converting the Fry steelcable i posted above to Maxwell, here below are two rendered examples of the Maxwell version, this is my own dirty cable material and not Kurt's. No need for me to try to recreate his as his cable material is the best i've seen!

/ Max
By KurtS
hi, Max! It looks like there is more noise in the Maxwell renderings, than it is in the Fry version. Is this because the Fry versions rendered longer for a longer time, or does it clear up faster with Fry...?
By Maximus3D
Kurt, there is unfortunately more noise in the Maxwell renderings and still these rendered for 2 hours each. I lit them with the same hdr as i used for the Fry renderings and i don't like to say this but i have to. Fry clears noise faster than Maxwell does :( and by the looks of the strong noise in these Maxwell renderings it will never go away no matter for how long i let it render. And i used a blurred hdr to improve the speed but that didn't do much of a difference.

This has to be fixed and improved asap.

/ Max
By tom
Maxwell displacement uses no extra memory and with keeping this in mind, it's not fair to compare its efficiency with conventional memory-hungry displacement algorithms.
By Maximus3D
I know Tom, and i'm not comparing displacement speed now. This has to do with rendering, especially hdr since it is slower and generates far more noise with Maxwell. I coulda done this same scene without displacement and only the cable lit with a hdr and Maxwell would been more noisy and taken longer to clear the scene.

Speedwise Maxwell's displacement is faster and much more optimized from what i been able to test both engines and see.

/ Max

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]