Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By m-Que
Since the release of displacement in Maxwell 1.6, an old SimBall Preview Scene seems to be not a perfect option for Dispalcement Materials. Simple applying material-to-scene isn't working that good with dispalcement, plus in the end there are some artifacts left. This all makes material preview not very impressive. Maybe that's a right time to create a new preview scene, specially for Displacement.
Anyone agree?
By Bubbaloo
I think Maximus or someone made one.
It's just a flat plane in the simball scene.
Truthfully I would like to have one of that sort but with a slightly curved surface.
By m-Que
Can some PLEASE share this scene!

Anyways, when uploading material to the MXMGallery, you HAVE TO use SimBall by default. You can upload the better one only as an additional example. So I was thinking of an official NL scene, that would look different. Plus when browsing through the images, one would know which material has displacement.
By Maximus3D
Yes Bubba, i did modify Thomas An's scene. And my modifications were really simple as a standard plane does a good enough job to let you preview displacement. Atleast for non-curved surfaces this works just fine. And you can easily rebuild this yourself and then save it as a new scene in the same dir as the original simball scene is saved for quick and easy access.

The plane's position and rotation is as follows.
Pos: -0,011 0,043 -0,716
Rot: 45,204 49,122 0,062

/ Max
By m-Que
Thank You, Max!
By m-Que
Yes, it works:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
By m-Que
Thanks everyone! Glad you like that pizza material. If it didn't win anything, I guess it wasn't good enough :oops: , but oh well, maybe next time... :roll:
By KurtS
great pizza material!

About your scenes, Bubbaloo and Maximus: IMHO it would be better to see the displaced material a bit more from one side, not just a frontal view...

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]