By wr1nkles
Hey guys,

just a question, i was under the impression that the new plugin 1.6.1 was supposed to look for the bitmaps in the folder that the mxm was located.

I just ask because i seem to be following up the links everytime i import an mxm into max.

was this supposed to be a feature that's not working for me or have i been drinking too much absenth?

cheers,
nik
By JTB
Yes, I really don't know what is going on....I find this very annoying.
By wr1nkles
cheers JTB, was it supposed to be in the release? i'm not complaining, i mean i would be thankful if it worked, but i'm not sure.

love to NL.. probably just another wish
By Bogdan Coroi
I've just give it a try and it's working. Could you guys detail a little bit more?

PS: @wr1nkles: It's stated here that it's in the release 1.6.10.

PS2:
wr1nkles wrote:I just ask because i seem to be following up the links everytime i import an mxm into max.
If the plug-in finds the original links (file exists in the location specified) it doesn't change the links. If it doesn't find the originals, it will continue by looking in same directory as the .mxm and will change the links in case it finds them there.
By wr1nkles
hmmm. is it possible that my plugin could have reverted etc?

i think this calls for a re-install,

cheers mate, i'll let oyu know how it goes
By JTB
Bogdan Coroi wrote:I've just give it a try and it's working. Could you guys detail a little bit more?

PS: @wr1nkles: It's stated here that it's in the release 1.6.10.

PS2:
wr1nkles wrote:I just ask because i seem to be following up the links everytime i import an mxm into max.
If the plug-in finds the original links (file exists in the location specified) it doesn't change the links. If it doesn't find the originals, it will continue by looking in same directory as the .mxm and will change the links in case it finds them there.
I think you are correct... Probably I remember this problem from the last plugin release... I made some tests and it works fine, I'll be back if there is any problem.
By JTB
No, I just had these problems again.... using the last plugin.... One of the materials is Grassland_3702 from MXM library....

Sometimes, it is because the materials are not uploaded correctly.... For example the material editor looks for a .bmp file but the map uploaded is .jpg

Please find a way to fix this!!! It is very annoying because some of the images are used in more than one place or layer so I have to correct it even 4 times.

EDIT : Sorry, this happens to more than one material, and it seems that I have to correct every image!!!

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]