All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By rusteberg
huh???? :?

isn't that like buying four happy meals with an empty cup so you can make a killer soda tornado from the fountain machine along with a kick ass batman toy accompanying each meal (two of which are like the coolest toys that no one EVER gets because you always keep getting that crappy penguin toy every time), and then asking the lady behind the register to give you the three fish sandwiches sitting under the heat lamp and one of those clear plastic cups with tap water from the back that they give the homeless dude when he wanders in every now and then in lieu of the three kick ass happy meals with nuggets that you just paid for?
By Josephus Holt
Tom...you are REALLY creative :D

I've not needed to do coop renders yet, but wouldn't the three full licenses work just as well as three render nodes? (I suppose that's what Tom is saying in MacD language)?

My guess is you're concerned about the upcoming cost of upgrading 4 FULL licenses, as opposed to what we would expect, a lesser cost to upgrade one full license and 3 render nodes.
By gadzooks
Im the only one here using maxwell. So i only need one full license. Having 3 other full lic is a waste of a program and money when it comes to upgrading.
Thanks Gadzooks
isn't that like buying four happy meals with an empty cup so you can make a killer soda tornado from the fountain machine along with a kick ass batman toy accompanying each meal (two of which are like the coolest toys that no one EVER gets because you always keep getting that crappy penguin toy every time), and then asking the lady behind the register to give you the three fish sandwiches sitting under the heat lamp and one of those clear plastic cups with tap water from the back that they give the homeless dude when he wanders in every now and then in lieu of the three kick ass happy meals with nuggets that you just paid for?
huh???? :?

W.T.F.?
Gadzooks
By Josephus Holt
Bubbaloo wrote:No conversion necessary. They work as node licenses too.
Bub...I think his concern is about $$$$ to upgrade 4 full licenses versus 1 full license with 3 nodes....a lot of us have that concern...we'll just have to sit tight and see how NL handles that. I have 2 full licenses (good for 8 computers!) but so far have not needed more than just the one license on one machine.
By ivox3
you always keep getting that crappy penguin toy every time
I designed that crappy penguin toy .... :oops:
By dmeyer
Josephus Holt wrote:
Bubbaloo wrote:No conversion necessary. They work as node licenses too.
Bub...I think his concern is about $$$$ to upgrade 4 full licenses versus 1 full license with 3 nodes....a lot of us have that concern...we'll just have to sit tight and see how NL handles that. I have 2 full licenses (good for 8 computers!) but so far have not needed more than just the one license on one machine.
Wait, how are 2 full licenses good for 8 comps?
By gadzooks
Josephus you are correct sir.
By kami
hmm. it would be a fair solution to pay the same price for downgrading a license to a node and at the same time upgrading it for 2.0, as you would pay for a 1.0 node update to 2.0. complicated :wink:
so basically, your license downgrade shouldn't cost anything and you would pay the node upgrade price...
By Josephus Holt
kami wrote:hmm. it would be a fair solution to pay the same price for downgrading a license to a node and at the same time upgrading it for 2.0, as you would pay for a 1.0 node update to 2.0. complicated :wink:
so basically, your license downgrade shouldn't cost anything and you would pay the node upgrade price...
That would be the way to go....although with the announced speed improvements of v2 and the much-faster machines available now at "affordable" prices, I don't see where I would need more than one license, one machine, maybe two machines at most...who knows?
dmeyer wrote:ait, how are 2 full licenses good for 8 comps?
I don't know if all licenses are that way, but mine are...each full license good for 4 computers...it was confirmed by Nicole from NL.

EDIT: I just noticed when I opened Studio (which I don't use..I just use the plugins) that it shows 8 licenses (8 machines) :shock:
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]