All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By Maxer
Yea the grass was made using the 2d billboard method that thxraph created I just scattered the objects over and area and varied the X & Y parameters so they wouldn’t appear to all be the same. Unfortunately this method only works from a limited camera angle, you need to be pretty close to the ground looking directly at the objects but when it works it works good.
By Hervé
very good Maxer.... !
(maybe loose the palmtree... dunno.. I know I would..)

anyway, good art piece ! :wink: :D

+h+
By corneliu
Awesome work Maxer!
Looks truly great.
By Maxer
Hervé wrote:very good Maxer.... !

+h+
This scene was just a test that I had been working on to see if Vue trees would really work with Maxwell so I just exported a few different trees that I thought I would use. The palm is out of place but it's just a test. On another note these trees only have a maximum of 30,000 faces, some only have like 10,000 so there very practical for stills and even animations.
By deadalvs
by the way when talking about vue trees.

these trees found on
http://www.cornucopia3d.com

are they just user-edited standard trees or are there new breeds available too ?
By Hervé
Maxer wrote:
Hervé wrote:very good Maxer.... !

+h+
This scene was just a test that I had been working on to see if Vue trees would really work with Maxwell so I just exported a few different trees that I thought I would use. The palm is out of place but it's just a test. On another note these trees only have a maximum of 30,000 faces, some only have like 10,000 so there very practical for stills and even animations.
only 30k..? great... post more trees if you have a chance.. :wink:
By Richard
bodebodebode wrote:My try.

Now that's the good stuff!!!!

So come on please tell!
By deadalvs
well. no time for me to play with M~R atm. :(

are there texture series with HIGH quality (4K+) trees available like arroway for concrete ?

i own a few dosch trees and those are butt-ugly.
By Bubbaloo
deadalvs wrote:well. no time for me to play with M~R atm. :(

are there texture series with HIGH quality (4K+) trees available like arroway for concrete ?

i own a few dosch trees and those are butt-ugly.
I put a high res maple leaf on the mxm board. I need to make a good bark mxm too from the maples in my front yard!
By deadalvs
thanks, Bubbaloo !

i got a question about the textures for NatFX.
http://www.bionatics.com/

how does the mapping work in their approach ? can LO-Poly trees that also look realistic be easily used with maya AND maxwell ?

what channels do they use for their textures ?

anyone using NatFX ?

thanks ...
By Bubbaloo
deadalvs wrote:thanks, Bubbaloo !

i got a question about the textures for NatFX.
http://www.bionatics.com/

how does the mapping work in their approach ? can LO-Poly trees that also look realistic be easily used with maya AND maxwell ?

what channels do they use for their textures ?

anyone using NatFX ?

thanks ...
That's what I use. The texture channels vary depending on how many materials a plant may have. Mostly though it is a channel for bark and a channel for leaves. They work fine in Max and Maxwell. You just have to tweak some settings in the Bionatics options in Max. If you get it, pm me and I'll help you get it set up. Keep in mind though that even the "low poly" trees are not all that low poly.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]