All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By Assistant
Really nice work.
I feel that i have alot more to learn :shock:

Im currently working on how to solve making an egg shell. I want to illuminate threw the object so I get the object inside to show true by giving a darker area like a real egg. I built it to scale but have problems with the material. Any tips to get there?
By Mihai
You're using an SSS material? It should be pretty easy with SSS, perhaps blending it with a BSDF component. Make sure the shell has some real thickness even if it's really thin.
By RonB
Here's a Harley I did awhile back but never posted it...not cool enough I didn't think.

Cheers, Ron

By KurtS
Maximus3D wrote: I should soon have something to post, gonna try to play with it now and see if i come up with any good ideas.

/ Max
we are waiting patiently! :-)
By def4d
Assistant wrote:Really nice work.
I feel that i have alot more to learn :shock:

Im currently working on how to solve making an egg shell. I want to illuminate threw the object so I get the object inside to show true by giving a darker area like a real egg. I built it to scale but have problems with the material. Any tips to get there?
That's one of the thing that could be resolved with atmospheric procedural !

I'd make an egg, with a tiny hole somewhere, apply a shell, so that i could play with real SSS materials for the egg shell, and the inside

Do you have a reference you want to reproduce?
By def4d
It's always a pleasure to (try to) help people here, with my relative knowledges
My yes/no question was about my previous questions that was dying :?
I did my tests and posted them here without explanations, waiting for my answers first.

To answer to you max, my results are not great i know, it's a just study case
I did a sphere, little hole in it to apply a shell, and applied it a SSS
I've put a smaller sphere in it with a Glass material, to simulate kind of egg liquid
I've added a deformed smaller sphere in it, to simulate the yellow part of the egg (dont have the translation for that), with a yellow SSS
An emitter behind, and that's all

So the result is we see through, as Assistant asked previously
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]