All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
if you have bought mxw in beta days you should see 8 full licenses now.
You can upgrade as much as you want one by one to 1 full license or 1 rendernode (only network renderslave - no manager, no studio) license.
Floating means, you can install mxw (full or node) on all machines of your network but only use as much at the same time as you own licenses.
numerobis wrote:if you have bought mxw in beta days you should see 8 full licenses now.
You can upgrade as much as you want one by one to 1 full license or 1 rendernode (only network renderslave - no manager, no studio) license.
Floating means, you can install mxw (full or node) on all machines of your network but only use as much at the same time as you own licenses.
Thanks mate! I wonder if that means to be able to work on the two machines at any one time I'll have to update at least two licenses?
By kami
I got one question:
If you have 1 license + 1 node installed on 2 machines.
I work on one machine, start a rendering there, then close studio and continue working on my second machine and start another rendering there.
Does this work? And is this a legitimate use of the license?
Kami, as far as I'm aware as long as you have only one instance of Studio open at a time i dont think this is a problem, or a misuse of your license if you have a +1 license like myself.

Cheers

Brett
Polyxo wrote:And can licenses which got updated to Render-Node licenses get reconverted to a full license by paying some additional money?
May I repeat this question too? Thanks and sorry if I missed an explanation elsewhere.
Hi everyone,

No, there won't be an upgrade path from Rendernodes to Standard licenses. Once you have upgraded a license to a node, you won't be able to upgrade it then to standard later.

I hope that's clear!

Cheers,

Nicole
nicole wrote:Hi everyone,
No, there won't be an upgrade path from Rendernodes to Standard licenses. Once you have upgraded a license to a node, you won't be able to upgrade it then to standard later.
I hope that's clear!
Nicole
Thank you Nicole for the answer. Yes I have understood (were you in doubt?).
However I consider this pretty unpleasant news; this really cuts our flexibilty in terms of upgrading.

Holger

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]