All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By caryjames
Hi Guys- Here is my issue- I am working on rendering a piece of wood, I followed JD's Real Scale tutorial to be able to have consistent banding over filleted edges but am wondering if there is a way to make this texture wrap around the edge of my piece. If you look closely at the front the texture is very uneven and wavy, on the side the texture continues and lines up but there is no way that it would be this perfect... well maybe there is a possibility :)... but to my eyes it looks wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Cary

By iker
I'm afraid you're using Rhino...have you tried with a box/cilindrical/cube projection mapping?
If that doesn't satisfied you, you can try the "Camera projection mapping" script from ThomasAn. and Hyltom.
And if that doesn't satisfied you, you can try to export your geometry to another application that can Unwrap UV's.
By ivox3
Or maybe use a non-directional wood (a burl would work nicely too) --- at least that's one of my tricks to circumvent all the UV nonsense. lol...

This is one of my favorites, ....don't ask the species though, after I scanned I forgot to tag it.

It is now being offered to the realm of public domain, whether its useful or not.

By caryjames
Thanks Ivox! I am pretty new to all this UV unwrapping.... obviously :). I will try the map of that wood burl that you posted, I am also going to try this camera projection business- I saw Hyltom's original post but did not understand the significance of his idea until now.
Cary
SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]