All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By hyltom
As most of us here, I'm very..too impatient to put my hand on V2 and I was thinking after seeing the new announcement that as there is so much improvement (bump, colour quality, rough glass, ...) we (maxwell users) will have to bring some modification in our own materials once more in order to get reliable results. So my idea was: could it be possible to pre-release only the V2 material editor in order for us to update our material, test and see how good V2 is compare with V1. :wink:

By the way, why not also start to take the pre-order for V2?...to avoid the rush at the release.
By JTB
:D :D :D

Actually I would prefer to have a MXCL prerelease so that I can make better images, to earn money to pay the V2.0 update!!!

(clever hyltom, but it won't work :) )
By wimver
guys, guys,
leave them alone, and do their thing...
do you know what it would technically and legally involve to figure out a watertight prerelease system as you suggest? it would set back the final release date for another week or two I guess, if they would consider to set this up.
just be patient, wait and see...
my thoughts are, that it could not take too long now, given the recent announcement. it seems that most of the goodies have been exposed now, so this might have been their last trump, and the end (of waiting) is near...
of course I could be totally wrong ;-)
but I used to work for a software company, so I recognize some of the psychology, that's all.
o, and don't think I want 2.0 as bad as all of you, it would take so much stress off me in productivity terms...

wim
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]