By uki
Did anyone manage to output a set hdri background with the new plugin. I am doing everything the same way as in the old plug-in, but it only starts maxwell with the physical sky active. If I open studio, there is no hdri path at all?

Another one: When I specify the app launch with Studio instead of Maxwell, it will still only open Maxwell?

What am I missing here?

Besides that: Great release, workflow is so much faster. Have to be careful only not to override mxm's if you push the wrong button. Maybe NL can think about a temp mxm for the plugin...
By uki
My first experiences with the new plugin:

Rendered a scene with the new plugin out of Z, which I rendered a few days ago with the old plugin (no problems that time).

Now, the glitch of the black triangles has returned (I think heavily discussed by wimver). The object where it appears is an unmodified copy of another one, which doesn't render with those triangles.

Also some textures seem to translate in a weird way: I used arroway concrete 22, very homogenius grey, but it renders in strange patches of white, yellow and grey.

Even if specified in Z, hdri's will not translate to Maxwell.

App launcher will only launch Maxwell, no matter if I specify Studio or non.

And Maxwell still does not find all the texture paths (funny, but some textures are recognized, some not).

But I love the workflow. Get's much faster. But I still need to use the Studio for final settings.
By juan
hi uki,

Thanks for the comments, we will take it into account for future updates. We will check what happens with hdr as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Juan
By wimver
Uki,

which version are you using? 5.5 or 6.1? I am referring to the black triangle problem.

wim
By uki
Hi Wim,

I am using 6.1

I used to have problems under 5.5, but it has been resolved with 6.0 and the previous plugin. Now they are back (The Return of the Black Triangle II, so to say).
As I said before, the triangled surfaces are unmodified copies of other objects, which render fine (say, 10 render fine, 1 renders with a black triangle, maybe related to camera position?).
I just hope NL finds a solution to this, because it is a persistent and very early member of the bug family.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]