Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)

Anyone else interested in a tutorial DVD by the master?

YES
84%
NO
16%
By Robur
Hi Tom,

What are the chances of you producing a tutorial DVD on rendering with MAXWELL? ...... could even make you some money?..... what do you think?

Quick POLL to see how viable it might be :D
By deesee
Give you ten bucks if you guess who voted no! Tom, was that you? :wink:
By Robur
:D ..... Twice..... once more and we shall know for sure NO.... NO..... NO....
By goncalo
DVD TUTORIAL :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

This section is to post tutorials, not to ask DVD tutorials Robur... i think the moderator Tom or Victor should delete this pool or else this tutorial section get full of trash and should have only tutorials... and should be some rules to post here in this section also. :x and if exist any tutorial dvd why this section exist? to post what?
By NicoR44
Anyone else interested in a tutorial DVD by the master?
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes :wink:
By Robur
Hi Goncalo,

Sorry to upset you - my request is a genuine one - for help in learning how to use this fantastic render engine. The tutorial page seemed like the right place for the post but I understand that it might be better placed here in Off topic. There is one clear rule in this forum and that is that we 'speak' to each other politely.

Hi Maximus,

I can assure you that I am not lazy - I don't see that teaching, in whatever format, is a bad thing. Most of what we know is learnt from others after all !!!!! The point of the post was to see how much interest there was in the idea of a DVD - if the response is good then maybe a profit can be made? Maybe this profit can be put to good use too?

Well - sorry to have upset you - just an innocent question at the end of the day.

Cheers.
By goncalo
totally agree with you Max

But i think the tutorials in the forum are very need and very useful, but not in DVD :D
The best way to learn is to experiment and this FORUM. Here i learned a lot, almost everything, also with you :wink: ... so i don't see the reason to place tutorials in other place :evil:
By Renato Lemus
Tutorials are ok. If someone don't want tutorials, just don't read them or buy them. No need to rant.
By DELETED
DELETED
By ivox3
T,
ohhh the pressure.

btw: ...it's inevitable something like this comes into being. IMO, if it does come to life...then it should only be a comprehensive understanding of Maxwell fundamentals, therefore eliminating so many basic questions.
Admittedly, the current documentation is a bit cryptic(IMO), but on the other hand that hasn't seemed to stop people from creating outstanding renders.
I suppose it all comes back to an individuals adeptness/imagination, or lack thereof. In terms of mastery, i'm a proponent of self-study, that is ....do-it-yourself, but i think people should at least be provided with a basic set of tools that provide an oppurtunity to succeed.

On an off note, i've really enjoyed the mystery of unwrapping this beautiful machine of a program and what it can do. [albeit, a slow progression, but for me ----that's the point] i3.
By Burkhard
I would like it.
It could help with language problems.
Max, you're involved. A lot of question here about basics, even though a lot of tutorial stuff is available.

Burkhard :wink:
By NicoR44
Maximus3D wrote:Dvd tutorials are just for people who are to lazy to read and to figure out stuff on their own, so i think it's a stoopid idea to have such a thing for Maxwell. The time and money it takes to make such a thing could be spent much better on something else more constructive.

/ Max
hehehe :wink:

It's not that I can't figure it out my self, it's just that I really like the way Tom has made the manual and it would be very interesting to see how he would deal with this 8) 8) :D
By goncalo
Sorry Robur when write the last post i didnt saw your post above it.

i m not upset with your question...
it was just a opinion, and to say one more time how fantastic is this forum, and for me it make sense the tutorial should be made to the tutorials section... to each time this forum grows, and grows, in knowledge.

So i was not upset, i believe on freedom, and i think it was good, i didn't agree with the DVD, but that is my opinion, and you make this pool to get opinions :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll not be surprised to find that NL is done by n[…]

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]