Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By mtripoli
Okay...

I have CS3, as well as a really old version of Dreamweaver that I dig out when I need it. That is point of this post. I looked at what Adobe has to offer for a "casual" user like me. They're offering an individual plan for ~$30.00USD/month. I occasionally use Illustrator (mainly when I need to pull a graphic of some sort into Solidworks), Photoshop maybe a couple of times a month (not nearly as much as I did when I was doing more photography and rendering - ahhh... to be back to the days of rendering every day, but I digress). $360/year isn't a ton of money, but I can't help having a visceral "knee jerk" reaction to be paying for something every month that I might use a couple of times. Have you guys bought into the cloud version? Do you feel like it's worth it? I think I paid something like ~$400-500 many years ago. If I was still using it on a daily basis, hell, when I was using it every day, it's paid for itself over 100 times. This is the lease vs. buy for cars...
By mspncr
If you're really that infrequent in your usage, I might just bite the bullet and become comfortable with the very inferior GIMP and the much more acceptable Inkscape...
By Tea_Bag
I think its a great offer for $30/month as you will get access to all the applications you use (if its the plan I'm thinking off - complete?) and within that year you will get all the current updates etc. Try it for a year and see what you think! If you don't like the "cloud" or only use the applications occasionally cancel it when the 12 months is up and go back to your fallback CS3 etc - it won't hurt! - WARNING! You might get hooked on the new shiny versions!!! lol :D
By Thomas An.
I've been trying to avoid Adobe for a while. Currently I am trying my hand on the Serif product line: DrawPlusX6 and PhotoPlusX6. They also have a PagePlus, WebPlus ... a whole suite of products.
http://www.serif.com/
By mtripoli
Thanks all for the input. I went back and looked at; I'll admit I didn't realize it was everything for $30/month. I use Acrobat everyday, and an old version at that. Having a newer version will be really nice. Dreamweaver looks like it has improved substantially since the version I have. So, cloud it is.

Thanks again.
SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]