Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By Mihai
It's becoming very tempting to go for a 4K monitor soon. Dell already have 24 and 32 inch models, the 24' one is about 1100 euros. Now they say on January 23rd they will announce a 28' model which will be around 700 :!:

The current 24' model also covers 99% of the AdobeRGB space so it looks very tempting....

But reading a review about it, they say most apps, even PS aren't very adapted yet for such high screen rez and they don't scale up very well. Windows either, with icons looking extremely small....

Any opinions?
By dmeyer
Mihai wrote:It's becoming very tempting to go for a 4K monitor soon. Dell already have 24 and 32 inch models, the 24' one is about 1100 euros. Now they say on January 23rd they will announce a 28' model which will be around 700 :!:

The current 24' model also covers 99% of the AdobeRGB space so it looks very tempting....

But reading a review about it, they say most apps, even PS aren't very adapted yet for such high screen rez and they don't scale up very well. Windows either, with icons looking extremely small....

Any opinions?
Nearly ordered the Dell 32" but I'm going to wait a few months until there are models that can do 4k at 60Hz without MST.
By dmeyer
Mihai wrote:Had no clue what MST was....and that's bad because you effectively need to occupy two display outputs from the gfx card to drive one monitor?
MST (multi stream transport) means that the 4k monitor essentially appears as 2 2k monitors to the OS, as if you had 2 monitors side by side but with zero bezel. You can still send both signals over 1 Displayport cable but it is very sensitive to the cabling used as well as the drivers in use if it works correctly or not.
By Mihai
Btw dmeyer, besides robbing banks to be able to satisfy your appetite for expensive gear, what other hobbies do you have? :D You always seem to have the latest toys...it's not fair.
By dmeyer
Mihai wrote:Btw dmeyer, besides robbing banks to be able to satisfy your appetite for expensive gear, what other hobbies do you have? :D You always seem to have the latest toys...it's not fair.
No banks :lol:

I manage a render farm, workstations, and studio for my company in addition to my day job as a designer. So always testing new gear.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]