By fv
when I export a model to mxm with instances checked my components gets rescaled and loose their original position. The rest of the model remains intact. I now export without instances checked.

OSX, intel 8 core mac with 4Gb ram.
By creasia
I noticed that the newest plug in change list sayes that it fixed this. I need to update my plug in, hopefully this helps.
By fv
I still had problems with instances. But since I do not do much in Studio right now I can not check it. My systems are busy rendering. As soon as I have the time I will test some more with my files and instances. If the problem is still there I will send Pavol a file to check.
Francois
By numerobis
creasia wrote:I noticed that the newest plug in change list sayes that it fixed this. I need to update my plug in, hopefully this helps.
no... direct render is ok (as always) - but chaos in studio...
By fv
thats also what I see in Studio, lots of things missing but rendering directly all is there..... well, at least it works. But Studio is great as well for adding trees and cars and so on. Hope this gets fixed soon.

I feel sorry for the people working on the plugins. Sometimes I do not dare to mention bugs out of fear they might give up. ..... it must be difficult to export SU files properly.
By Burnum
if People don't talk about bugs, they may never know about them.

I'm having serious issues with this as well, I have SU plug 2.1b.
Component based objects in SU often end up just gone in studio, and so far that is something I need to use often to get some kind of usable UVs on some objects. Having issues with those in Studio as well, but that is a different topic for another day...

going to have to make a choice about a new modeling solution soon I think...
By pelias
2 points here:

- do not hesitate to post about bugs - we all need to know what problems there are and what are your preferences when it comes to priority of fixing them. More information is certainly better. If you are not sure about posting to forum please do contact me privately via PM. Thanks.

- to clarify the situation with components. SU components frequently used geometrical transformations which Studio is not capable of handling (e.g. flipped components). The latest version of SU plugin tries to improve the problem by flipping geometry internally so that resulting transformation can be expressed in Studio. Apparently this solution (quite a tricky one and not needed for MXCL) is not perfect yet. I am working on improving it but it requires to rewrite the support for transformations quite heavily so it is not completed yet. In the meantime if you do have sample .skp files exhibiting the problem which you can send me please contact me via PM.

Pavol
By Burnum
It seems that maybe not using the instances check box actually does help.

I was messing in Studio yesterday with a file that was having issues (missing items) and couldn't figure out how the Studio instances worked. (I coun't move or create any new object instances or anything) Granted I'm new with Maxwell, so I may just not get it yet. But, I've never seen any model I've brought in have the blue boxes in the objects list.

I will ask for permission to send you a .skp file to help you.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]