Hello together

My System: Powerbook G4 1.67GHz, 1Gb DDR SDRAM, Mac OS X 10.4.7

1) BLACK FACES with SketchUp Plugin:
With Maxwell 1.1, I have again black Faces (poligons) in my Scene! With version 1.0 and the last SkechUp-Plugin, the problem was gone. NOW IT'S BACK!
I did use the arroway materials from maxwell (boards 01.mxm and concrete-22.mxm)

Download the SketchUp Scene

Download the Maxwell Scene

2) The whole Materials (mxm-Files) are preliked for a Windows PC. So the path for the textures are always: "C:/Program Files/Next Limit/Maxwell/materials database/textures/arroway/texture.jpg". That's the wrong path for a Mac. So my first stupid work is, to open each material, relink to the correct destination, and save again. That should be the work of Maxwell. As a buyer I have the right up for a complete and functioning version.

3) The work routine with the Sketchup Plugin is still very bad for texturing with mxm-Files:
- First i create a new Sketchup material. I like to have a preview of the materilscale from the mxm-materials in the Sketchup Window (import the jpg-texture from the mxm-materials).
- put the sketchup material on the geometry
- rightclick on the geometry, select the texture to create a uv map for maxwell.
- Select Mainmenü > Plugins > Maxwell Export > Set MXM Material.... to set the MXM Material on the Sketchup Geometry.
NOW THERE ARE NEARLY 2 MINUTES GONE FOR THE SETUP FOR ONE MATERIAL WITHOUT THE OTHER SETINGS LIKE CAMERA, SKY....
> So i would like to have the whole material settings in the material-window (colors) of sketchup or in a seperatly new window including the sketchup materials.

4) I can still not use the Maxwell 1.1 with the SketchUp-Plugin for the professional work!

5) And i don't like it, each time after an update for 1 hour to write (with my bad english) the errors in the forum. Finally, i would like to have a working version!

cheers
Michel
By e zee lee
Hi Michael!

did you get your black faces problem solved?
same thing happens to me... i flipped the faces. sometimes this helps, but somehow the textures seems to get "fucked up", looks scrambled...

how do i attach a picture. i would like to show you the effect

regards,
Jens[/img]
By x_site
is there a solution [logical one please] out there... i am starting to experience this issue too...

HELP
By andrekrige
Hi Michael

I tried your model and checked for normals facing first - all OK.
Then exploded your groups and rendered with no problem using the new 1.5 UB plug-in. I've also had this problem in the past and exploding always helped for me. A new problem I'm having though is the textures seem to be going in all directions on some models - haven't figured that one out yet...

Cheers and I hope this helps.

Andre
By marked001
..i've gotten around this by adjusting the projector in studio...change it from 'locked' to cubic... and it should solve the problem..make sure you check the scale though.... it tends to get tweaked
By garyswindell
Sometimes I get a black triangle and I found what I think is a pattern. It always seems to be the on last object drawn. So when I get a black triangle I draw a cube someplace hidden (so the cube is the last thing created) and assign an mxm to it and this seems to fix the problem. I have checked a couple of times and the black triangle has simply moved to the cube.
By Sheik
I think this is a mapping problem caused by the SketchUp export SDK, not by the plugin itself. There is a problem with getting the SU 3ds export to correctly export mapping and weld vertices, so surfaces can be smoothed, at the same time. You can chose to do one correctly, but not both.
I have seen similar black triangles and skewed mapping also with another application, where I imported geometry from SU as 3ds.
Hopefully SU6 will have solved this issue.
Sheik
By transparente
Sketchup render as normal (export .mxs file with option "Render in Maxwell after Export" uncheck), open scene in studio and render from there. Black faces/triangles should disappear.
It worked for me when it appends.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]