By Sheik
It looks like you found some sort of brug in the instancing. :wink:
With instansing turned off it works fine. In Export/Options under Geometry, uncheck the Instances box.

ps. When opening the file the validity check found a ton of problems in your file. You should run the Fix Problems function (ModerInfo/Statistics..Fix Problems button).
By Stinkie7000
Weird, I tried it with instancing off also. I'll try that again.

I never ever let SU check for problems. Keeps me free of worry. :wink: But yeah ... I'm a sloppy modeller.

Thanks, Sheik.[/i]

EDIT: nope, still crashes.
By Sheik
Did you try it with instancing off after the fixing the model?
By Stinkie7000
Yes, and it still crashed. However, I've changed the name of the file just now, and exported the mxs to another folder than then one I was using. The file exported.

Strange!

EDIT: tried the above again, this time exporting was no success.
By marked001
i was going to say maybe its just too much for your machine..but then i saw your signature..haha..
By Stinkie7000
Yeah ... the problem is my brain, not the computer! :D

I think I'll take the model apart and start over. It exported before, and it sure as hell will export again!

I'd really like to know what causes this crashes, though.
By pelias
I am looking into this - fix should be available soon.

Pavol
By Stinkie7000
Eh? Am I to conclude the error isn't mine? Hence ... I am not as dumb as I assumed?

On a more serious level: thanks.
By Stinkie7000
Any news on this?

I must say, something very weird is going on. I was working on a model today. Exported it a couple of times without materials, and with "instances" unticked. Worked fine.

Then I added a material. I used "bricks-20". SU crashed during export. Tried a couple of times more. No dice. Then I decided to get rid of the mat. But that didn't work. SU kept crashing. Every time I re-opened the file, the mat was back (yup, I purged).

I also tried exporting with "Instances" checked, to render straigth out of SU. The model exported just fine, but the mat was not found. Then I exported with "instances" checked again, and brought the file in the Studio. The components were all over the place, but ... the mat was found.
By pelias
I am still working on this - it turned out to be more complicated than I thought...

Pavol
By Stinkie7000
I can imagine. This solely an exporter prob?

In any case, thanks for the effort.
By creasia
I am having this problem as well. I did a few test renders while the model was still untextured, and It exported just fine. After I applied some materials it completely died on me at about 10% of the progress bar. I tested a few different things:

1. Unchecking the use bitmap on each of the 5 or 6 materials I had applied

2. Exporting just part of the model

3. Changing the Loaded MXM to the plastic material preset

4. Deleting Film and Stage cameras (these worked OK with no materials)

5. Simplifying Export Options - Deselecting instancing, proxies, multilight, etc.

It seems to be a UV problem to me perhaps. I had color by layer on in my first export, maybe that did something.

Pavol, can I send you my file?
By pelias
creasia wrote:Pavol, can I send you my file?
I got your file already - I will test it ASAP.

Thank you.
By creasia
Thanks Pavol.

I have it now exporting with only SU default materials and my custom textures.

I would like to be able to use the new plug in features though. Keep me posted.
SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]