Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By mjcherry
So I have Studio 5.0.2.21 and am going to upgrade to 5.1 to take advantage of the substance converter. I saw that you also released the V5 Maya plugin, but it appears to be 5.0 and not 5.1. I have yet to purchase the new Maya plugin as I've heard that people are having problems with it, but I plan to buy that as well. Am I correct that these will be two different versions? Does the Maya plugin have substance support?
By luis.hijarrubia
mjcherry wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 pm
So I have Studio 5.0.2.21 and am going to upgrade to 5.1 to take advantage of the substance converter. I saw that you also released the V5 Maya plugin, but it appears to be 5.0 and not 5.1. I have yet to purchase the new Maya plugin as I've heard that people are having problems with it, but I plan to buy that as well. Am I correct that these will be two different versions? Does the Maya plugin have substance support?
Maya version for maxwell 5.1 will relase next week (if no problem is detected). It doesn't have native support for substance painter, you have to use it via mxed. We will add native support in the plugins that support assistents in the following weeks. But you can use mxed + referenced material on all plugins.
By Nasok
In my case I have the existing Maya plugin (5.0.6.) and it doesn't work with Maxwell 5.1 render - gives me an error.

So if you're planing to use it for that - gotta wait a bit. In terms of Substance Painter Material Assistant - it actually will work fine in mxed- since it is literally - just selecting a textures - and that's it. But if you're looking for fine-tuning it (I believe guys did an amazing job for default behaviour / adjustments) - then it is better to use that inside studio - faster feedback / turnaround time

You can also export your scene from Maya to studio (5.1) via MXS .. a bit of workaround but - worked for me :) 🤷‍♀️
Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]