Everything related to the integration for FormZ.
By Allan L.
This isn't really a FormZ related question, but I'll go ahead and post here anyway since that's the plugin I use.

I've created a set up of two parallel mirrored planes. In between I put some a some objects. The mirror in front of the camera is set to be hidden from camera and shadows but to keep it's reflections. The rendered output of these is what you'd expect, a series of reflections that theoretically should go to infinity. The problem is, that after several reflections, the image will darken until it becomes black. (also to be expected, since the light can only bounce so many times)

Attached is an image. Is there anyway to set this up so that the reflections do not get so dark so quickly? (I've already added emitters on the top and bottom planes of the enclosure but it still gets dark.

Any help will be appreciated.
test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Allan L.
I think the mirror mat I'm using is as reflective as it gets. Please see attached.

No, I haven't tried a metal with a special ND or K.

Other than material, is there any other setting that can be changed to increase the number of light bounces?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Allan L.
Excellent! This does the trick. I should have known better than to ask for complex settings, knowing that Maxwell's philosophy is based on real materials and real light.

Thanks a bunch!

Allan

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]