Everything related to Studio.
By T0M0
1. Maxwell Studio 3 has feature in Fire window which informs you what is Maxwell doing when you launch Fire: Exporting object, Preprocessing scene, Voxelization... 10% etc...

Please bring this back in Studio 4.

2. Also the GUI in V4... a lot of more clicking and scrolling :x

Why Maxwell doesn't remember state of opened menus ?
When you click on object or camera every menu on every tab is collapsed... and saving layout with opened tabs doesn't help.
T0M0 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 pm

2. Also the GUI in V4... a lot of more clicking and scrolling :x

Why Maxwell doesn't remember state of opened menus ?
When you click on object or camera every menu on every tab is collapsed... and saving layout with opened tabs doesn't help.
Put the first one in backlog. But about the second, we don't really understand. I tried to do things like activating z-clip planes on several objects, and clicking one and another doesn't change tabs, or collapse sections on those tabs and maintains that option visible so i can just check it. Can you explain better, please?
By T0M0
1. So it will be added ?

2. Sorry, I forgot to mention that it happens when you launch Studio.
Anyway I found a way how to keep them all opened - just open every menu in Attribute panel before closing Studio.
But if just one is closed, on next launch every menu on every tab is closed.
This doesn't happen in Maxwell Studio 3.
By T0M0
I don't want to create new thread just for this,
but could we get rid off of those ugly windows when render or render node is launched ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By T0M0
Does some one experienced crashes in Studio after clicking on save button ? :evil:
Studio V4 is so unstable random crashes, crashes during Fire running, crashes while saving scenes... f*ck :evil:
V3 also crashed sometimes, but definitely not so much like V4
By Mihai
What I find very annoying is there are too many tabs now. Please consider to merge a few tabs, for example:

Especially in Render Options panel, merge Scene, Output files, Global into one tab, and leave the "Extra" tab only.

Object parameters is the second most annoying one. I'm constantly clicking between the tabs here. Merge Transforms, Appearance, Geometry. Leave only Modifiers tab.

The other small issues, I posted in another thread regarding the lack of margins and too bright white text etc:
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=44867
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]