Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
Hi I also placed this question , issue withing Solidworks section. However I don't know if it is better in this forum.

I am trying to output .mxs files from Solidworks in order to open in studio.

However every time i attempt to export/save as the file the license activation screen pops up and prompts me to activate my license , which I do and it states it was successful. However an error message within solidworks appears and says it was unable to collect the license.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to meet a deadline :?
Check in C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses if a license file has indeed been created there. Is this a node locked or floating license? If it's floating make sure the rlm license server is also installed and running. Go to localhost:5054 in a browser and see if the RLM interface appears. If it does, try turning off any firewalls and testing the MXS export again. Also just opening up Maxwell (maxwell.exe in the Program Files/Next Limit/Maxwell for SW folder) will let you know if it's licensed or not. Look in the Console panel of Maxwell for any licensing errors. It may give you more clues why the licensing isn't working.
Thanks Mihai,

On the customer portal it shows node locked

I checked the.....

C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses and there was a lic file that was created today 2kb in size

I couldn't find the maxewell solidworks folder ...

===================== New session opened at 30/July/2017 15:37:01 =====

MAXWELL RENDER (M~R). Engine version 4.1.1.1
(C) 2004-2015. Licensed to Next Limit Technologies

C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell Render 4\maxwell.exe -p:low

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RUNTIME INFO
Root dir: C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell Render 4
Home dir: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Maxwell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
LICENSE INFO
WARNING: - Using license path with MAXWELL4_LICENSE_PATH environment variable : C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses.
Trying to detect license through broadcasting.
Scanning C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses folder for licenses
Processing file C:/ProgramData/Next Limit/Maxwell/licenses/maxwell_studio.lic
Successfully checked out license from file C:/ProgramData/Next Limit/Maxwell/licenses/maxwell_studio.lic
License type: FULL SUITE
License name: Managing Director
Company: My Company
Expiration date: permanent
Issued by: nextlimit
License node-locked to host ID:
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]