Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
User avatar
By O_Pablo
#392246
After updating OS X to macOS Sierra, I have problem with floating license. Maxwell Render & studio not recognize this. I try to create new installation of Studio Suite with the same effect - no possibility of license activation.
Maybe you have an any idea for resolving this problem.

Reagards,
Pawel
By paulo
#392252
Here's a work around i made for now until maxwell releases their new version.

open prefs security/privacy accessibility and add all the maxwell apps in the allow apps control panel
once that's done,, right click on licenseactivator.app and show package contents/macOs and double lick to start app
enter license information
from here Modo works fine.

for stand alone launch,
open prefs security/privacy accessibility and add all the maxwell apps in the allow apps control panel
right click on studio.app and show package contents/macOs and create alias to drag on desktop
double click the alias to start app
repeat steps for all apps that you use such as render, mxed etc



O_Pablo wrote:After updating OS X to macOS Sierra, I have problem with floating license. Maxwell Render & studio not recognize this. I try to create new installation of Studio Suite with the same effect - no possibility of license activation.
Maybe you have an any idea for resolving this problem.

Reagards,
Pawel
#392873
Hi,
I am having this same issue. I tried the work around you suggested, but it didn't quite work form me. Once I double-clicked on the LicenseActivator app, a terminal window opened along with the Maxwell license activator. I did nothing in the terminal. But I did try going through the steps of entering my Activation Key, like I did when I first installed Maxwell 3. The first time I tried it, it showed that it had accepted my license key, but the license server could not be found, so it would not work. I tried restarting my Mac, hoping that the license sever would restart. But now it just says that there is a connection error when I try to activate the license.
HALP! :(
By paulo
#392879
i know there will be an update for the signing for sierra soon. I would wait for it and they will probably have bugs updates as well.

without knowing which steps you did, its hard for me to really say how to get it going for you.

i would start fresh. then follow my steps. for studio, maxwell, mxed and licenseapp


make sure you right click to show package and then go into the folder contents/macos and create a alias shortcut to your desktop




davidhard wrote:Hi,
I am having this same issue. I tried the work around you suggested, but it didn't quite work form me. Once I double-clicked on the LicenseActivator app, a terminal window opened along with the Maxwell license activator. I did nothing in the terminal. But I did try going through the steps of entering my Activation Key, like I did when I first installed Maxwell 3. The first time I tried it, it showed that it had accepted my license key, but the license server could not be found, so it would not work. I tried restarting my Mac, hoping that the license sever would restart. But now it just says that there is a connection error when I try to activate the license.
HALP! :(
#392880
I followed the steps that you had outlined, added all of the Maxwell apps to the "Allow apps to control your computer" list in the Security and Privacy prefs pane, I then right clicked on the LicenseActivator app to show package contents, navigated to the MacOS folder and launched the license activation app. I entered my email address and portal password and activation key in the app, but got an error message that the license server could not be found. I then downloaded the RLM License server app and re-installed it, restarted my Mac, and then tried to activate the license again, I am still getting the error that says that the license serve cannot be found. Should I try reinstalling the entire Maxwell suite? Will I have to remove the apps I put into the System Prefs list and then add them back after I have reinstalled the software? I'll play around with it more. But please let me know if you can think of anything else I can try. ugh...
By paulo
#392881
if you run the license activator for maxwell 4 does it ask you to override the existent license?

your version 3 works?





davidhard wrote:I followed the steps that you had outlined, added all of the Maxwell apps to the "Allow apps to control your computer" list in the Security and Privacy prefs pane, I then right clicked on the LicenseActivator app to show package contents, navigated to the MacOS folder and launched the license activation app. I entered my email address and portal password and activation key in the app, but got an error message that the license server could not be found. I then downloaded the RLM License server app and re-installed it, restarted my Mac, and then tried to activate the license again, I am still getting the error that says that the license serve cannot be found. Should I try reinstalling the entire Maxwell suite? Will I have to remove the apps I put into the System Prefs list and then add them back after I have reinstalled the software? I'll play around with it more. But please let me know if you can think of anything else I can try. ugh...
#392901
Ah. I don't have Maxwell 4, yet. It's Maxwell 3 that I'm having trouble with. So are you saying people are having a licensing problem with Maxwell 4 after upgrading to MacOS Sierra? The NextLimit tech support people have told me that Maxwell 4 will work with Sierra. So I'm a little confused. Either way, I am not ready to drop $1000 to upgrade to Maxwell 4 just yet. I would like to see if I can get Maxwell 3 working again.
So to answer your question, No. Version 3 is not working. I am not able to run the Maxwell 4 license activator since I don't have version 4.
But, when I do try to run the license activator for version 3, it does ask me if I want to override the existing license. I say yes, and then that's when I get the "License Server cannot be found" error.
By ischill
#392903
Hello,
I do have Maxwell 3 and Maxwell 4 and do have the same problem. I did all the steps but none of them were successful. I downgraded the Mac Pro where the RLM is running down to the OS El Capitan again but still the problems are there.
Regarding Maxwell 4 at the moment there is no chance to run it because the license will not be saved. I have a message that tells me if I want to add or overwrite the message but both ways are not successful. So I still can't run Maxwell 4.
As I also wasn't able to run Maxwell 3 now I am happy that this is working now again. Before I had the same licensing problems but now I see at another place in the forum that there is a new version for Maxwell 3 available which is working with macOS Sierra. I downloaded it and installed it on my computer where El Capitan is running. This was working well and now I could use this computer again. Then I installed the new version of Maxwell 3 on my Macbook Pro with Sierra running and after open Maxwell and LicenseActivator with a right click it was working and I was able to connect the second computer to Maxwell network rendering again.
So now it's Maxwell 4 that is not working and I hope as Paulo said that the new update for the signing for sierra is coming very soon that I can use Maxwell 4.
Regards
Ingo
By paulo
#392912
Was going to invite you guys over to help you run your copy

but check your download area and grab the new Maxwell 3 with signing for Sierra, should work great now.

Thank you Maxwell team :)
By davidhard
#392913
Unfortunately, it still hasn't fixed the problem for me.
I went to the download area and saw a download for Maxwell 3.2.1.5 (dated 2016-10-20). I did not see anything about Sierra.
I downloaded the software, plugin, etc. and installed everything fresh (maxwell suite, Plugin, RLM Server, etc...). I launched Maxwell and entered my activation key once the license activation dialog came up. But after it asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing activation key, I got the same error that the license server could not be found. I did try restarting my Mac to get make sure the license server was running. Still won't work.
Did I find the right version of Maxwell in the download area?
By paulo
#392914
in your user(your name)/maxwell directory , do you see your license for maxwell or studio?
davidhard wrote:Unfortunately, it still hasn't fixed the problem for me.
I went to the download area and saw a download for Maxwell 3.2.1.5 (dated 2016-10-20). I did not see anything about Sierra.
I downloaded the software, plugin, etc. and installed everything fresh (maxwell suite, Plugin, RLM Server, etc...). I launched Maxwell and entered my activation key once the license activation dialog came up. But after it asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing activation key, I got the same error that the license server could not be found. I did try restarting my Mac to get make sure the license server was running. Still won't work.
Did I find the right version of Maxwell in the download area?
By paulo
#392951
when you run the licenseactivstor app what exactly happens?

does it asks you to overwrite your current license?

davidhard wrote:I have been trying to get Support to help me. It takes a long time for them to respond.
MaxRen 5 Not Working.

I purchased Maxwell Render 5 for Rhino 6 2 weeks a[…]

Hello Sean I agree with Fernando. We've been us[…]

Maxwell for Maya on OSX

I keep getting promotional emails with special pri[…]

is Maxwell Render abandoned?

Hi Nasok! I'll give it a go, where do you put the[…]