Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By yazan
Well as others mentioned, there seemed to be something with the LW plugin, so the new updated one does get rid of the black dots, and the glass does work.Plastics seem to behave like metals now, which is odd. However the blur is still there (which makes sense, since this is still 1.2.0) but the emitter is still behaving with the just black characteristic. I tried applying a map but nothing happens. Anyway, better, somewhat usable cause you can use the sun for lighting, but I'm waiting for the patch.
Yazan
By yazan
So the emitter works.
and I loaded an old scene, no tweaking, straight render with some undesirable artifacts...
The floor texture somehow went crazy on me. The wood is just a plastic material but now shows too much reflection. These are all cubic but the edges are not behaving as such and give the really contrasting line reflections. The blur that has been showing up with people is really minimal here, as the sharks on the table are in focus. no black pixels. but the noise is horrible, this is 500 minutes at 25 sampling on a G4 1 Ghz with 1 Gb RAM running LW8.2 and Tiger OSX 10.4.1
By yazan
Looking much better.
Latest 1.2.2a LW 8.2 OSX 10.4.1
Yazan
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]