Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Matthew Schrock
Christiaan,

I've been trying unsuccessfuly to get Maxwell to run under Xgrid. It seems to me that it should work in theory - maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

With the current set of Maxwell command line tools Xgrid would only really be useful for farming out individual frames of an animation. However, once we have access to a command line tool that combines two MXI files then Xgrid becomes a very powerful tool for cooperative rendering.

If we could get such a tool and a 64-bit G5/Altivec optimized version of Maxwell.... okay, okay I'm awake now. :lol: :lol:

Matthew Schrock
By noseman
I'm afraid that NL would not like this, because the M~R licensing policy is based on the number of CPU's used. If someone could render on any number of CPU's with one license, NL wont like it.
But of course we would! :wink:
By Matthew Schrock
noseman,

From what I've been able to discover about the licensing scheme in Maxwell, I believe that Xgrid would only be able to run Maxwell on the number of processors that you have licenses for.

Matthew
By Matthew Schrock
Christiaan,

You don't really need to see a copy of the license - your first question is answered on the preorder page of the Maxwell web site.

As to the rest of your questions and comments, if you do a search on this forum you'll discover that there has been much discussion on these issues.

:)
By Kevin
I would love to know how to setup all my Mac's in an Xgrid. We just got an IBM Bladecenter and I sure wish we had gotten Xserves because windows server just sucks and it costs extra, plus we have to pay almost $2k per year for our render management software.. Xgrid and Xserves could have saved us a ton of time and money!!

Any more info on this would be great, this could really change our future purchases.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]