Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By norbertsf
Ok,

I searched and read the threads related to my question, but here is my specific one:

I deleted ALL other older Maxwell realeses (and emptied the trash).
1. I have my "license.txt" and "license.dat" on the desktop.
2. I show the package for "maxwell" and drop the license.dat into the macOS folder.
3. I launch mxstudio ("maxwell" won't launch).
4. At this point the Splash Screen for Maxwell appears and it says" UNREGISTERED VERSION
This Product is not licensed"
5. I go to the help menu, and select the license.dat on the desktop.
6. Quit mxstudio. relaunch
7.Splash Screen for Maxwell appears and it says" UNREGISTERED VERSION
This Product is not licensed"!!!!!!! AND "maxwell" still wont' launch!

The content of the "license.dat" is a LONG single line.

Oh and if I run in Terminal.app:
/Applications/Maxwell/maxwell.app/Contents/MacOS/mxcl
I get that the license is invalid........ughhhh!

On a G4

Thanks,
Norbert
By kirkt
Have you deleted all of the older versions of M~R on your machine? Put the Maxwell folder in your "Applications" folder? Put your license.dat file in the same folder as your apps (Maxwell and Studio) and refer to this copy of the licese.dat file when you use "help" to register it. Also, update any shortcuts on the dock, etc.

Remember to empty the trash after you delete your old M~R apps and files.

Otherwise, hmmmm.

Good luck.

kirk
By uki
You should have received twice a license file. The second email should say that you need that info for version 1.0 as well (first email is only for beta). You must not use the license.txt any longer only the license.dat. And make sure you have the right maxwell for your processor.

The right order should be: Launch MXStudio first, go to help, allocate the license.dat. Close, then copy license.dat into maxwell content folder. I had some problems, when I copied the file first and then wanted to launch MXStudio.

AND my Maxwell wont start by itself either, unless it has a file.mxs to open. It is only the render engine, I guess

Good luck
By norbertsf
Thanks guys....I tried all that...no go.
I'm going to e-mail nextlimit the .dat file back see if something is wrong with it.

Norbert
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]