Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Mattia Sullini
Maybe what i have realized is clear to everybody, but since it has been pretty hard for me to realize how they worked, here's what i guessed about hoping you would help me wherever i am wrong
-1 Number code of projector has no relation with the projectors imported or created. I mean: f i have created (imported) two projectors over two different objects they will have both the code 0 assigned...0,1,2,3 for each
-2 When you apply a texture the color channel sent to MXCL (and embedded into the .mxs file) remains black, this is why i had only BLACK surfaces. After having applied the tex, you have to double click over the color picker for the reflectivity channel, and set it to white. It seems as if it became a kind of alpha channel for the texture.
By Mattia Sullini
Huh?!? trying to up an image, with the results of mapping
Image :?
By kirkt
Hey Mattia,

I get the same problem with projectors and the reflectance color showing black. In the Relectance 0 degrees channel, initially the color swatches are both white. After I load the Image for the projector, sometimes the color swatches still remain both white and sometimes the left one is white, the right one is black. I double click, change to white, and I can get both swatches to go white (or almost white). however, I hit the render button, MXCL launches and starts to render - the surface is all black. When I switch back to Maxwell Studio, the left color swatch is white, but the right one has returned to black. Oh well.

I notice in your render in this thread that your "reflectance" render has no map on it. How are you applying your map to the "color" channel? (the black and white striped render).

Thanks,

I am going to try to reinstall MXCL and see if that helps.
By Mattia Sullini
Ok, i have to admit that what i have written is not completely true. I have tried to re-render the same scene and then i got the "black" problem again. Then i tried to repeat the same steps in different combinations (i mean: first uplooaded the map, then set to white the channel; or first set the channel and then the map...and so on) But no results. Then suddenly, without having done anything strange the problem solved by itself.... :shock:

Let's do this way. Now my .mxs is working, so let's try to check if it is right even for you. Give me your mail and then i'll send you the file.
By kirkt
Thanks Mattia -

kthibault [at] biomechanicsinc [dot] com
By Mattia Sullini
Sorry for the delay. During these days i have been pretty busy, so only today i have managed to open the file again and...............SURPRISE! it begun rendering black again. Since last times this happened after a little crash of the app, i am assuming this is related to problems regarding something "variable" in the computer, since the file was the same and i didn't even touched Studio. That should mean RAM. I have noticed that trhe feature that would allow to write temp files needed for rendering onto the hard drive is disabled, as any other real time control over the preview, that means again something related to RAM. Then i am arguing that there is not any way to solve this problem until i get 10Gb RAM (i only have 2....)
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]