By purCAB
I am attempting to utilize an image based environment but I am not able to "see" the environment in either SolidWorks or in Studio (using export to Studio) -- I have checked Screen Mapping on.

Here is what I have done. Using Maxwell Render, I loaded a .jpg image and then saved is as an mxi. In SW, I opened the Scene Manager and set the Environment Type to Image Based. Under Image Based, I set the path for the mxi file, Link Channels-Yes, Enabled-Yes, Screen Mapping-Yes. Checking Illumination, Reflection, and Refraction all indicate enabled (as they are "linked"). I then close the Scene Manager. There is no indication of the image in SW, but I'm not sure if it's expected to appear here. Finally, I export this to Studio.

In Studio, my assembly is fine and the environment settings are correct, but I can't see the background. Using Textured, shows my materials but no background, I have also tried toggling the Screen Mapping off and then on, but again nothing. I suspect that there is something that I have neglected to enable, but I don't see what.

Any help or insight would be most appreciated.

Saludos,

Ken
By JDHill
Hi Ken,

The plugin cannot display HDRIs in the SW viewport, so you are not missing anything there. Once in Studio, try activating (i.e. clicking on) a viewport and then pressing 'k' - this key is the toggle for turning the background display on/off.

JD
By purCAB
JD --

Thanks for the very quick reply. Yes, that seems to help a great deal!

Are there any plans to add the background visibility (and therefore the ability to set the entire scene) within SolidWorks?

Ken
By JDHill
I have plans for everything, but I've not yet prototyped anything in this area.
By John Layne
JDHill wrote:I have plans for everything, but I've not yet prototyped anything in this area.
Does this include world domination?

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]